ASX, Or any other way to force 2 items in 1 file
Hey guys,

Hopefully I can post this here, not really inner XBMC development but you might be able to help me with this, as it's some sort of development/hacking problem I'm dealing with.

I'm trying to build something to make streams from several video websites available in the video library itself. Because I need to request access to these sites first before actually loading the stream, I came up with the following solution.

I created an ASX file as I noticed it was seen as one file in XBMC instead of m3u which it (correctly) handles as a playlist. The first item in this ASX file pointed back to my webserver where I ran a PHP script which would prepare the token for the stream. It created an ASF file which pointed directly to the stream. Then, it quits sending an EOF. I suppose this should take XBMC to the next item in the first ASX file, which is the ASF file that was prepared by the XBMC script. This works, when testing it in VLC.

Unfortunately as we know, XBMC doesn't properly support ASX files. The fact that it points to a http://...php file won't really help I guess, although I'm posting a audio/mpeg header and some MP3 data to distract it. So I'm kind of stuck. Do any of you have a clue on how I can work around this issue? I don't mind developing and trying things myself so I'm not asking for a solution. Just a push in the right direction, as I can't get any further..

Thanks!

Edit: Solved by using a .strm file which would prepare the url and throw a Location header Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASX, Or any other way to force 2 items in 1 file0