Video Player?
steelman1991 Wrote:Poofyhairguy - don't know that referring posters to the DSPlayer is a good idea - its no longer being developed.

Personally I'd rather see DSPlayer being recommended than external player Smile While I don't like that DSPlayer is also not DVDPlayer it is atleast an internal player, so it behaves much nicer.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hmm... now my xbmc hangs when I try to exit. Ctrl+alt+del don't work, there's no option other than a hard reboot (press button onfront of case).
Is this a known typical error? Has creating a playercorefactory.xml in application data to make MPC-HC as the external player done summin to cause it to fail to exit properly?
There is a bug that causes XBMC to hang on shutdown, but we've never been able to pinpoint it because non of the desv can reproduce it. On Vista/Win7 there is a separate shutdown bug related to using the Aero interface (which does something funny to DirectX) but that can't be the reason on XP.

It seems an odd request, but next time XBMC hangs on shutdown can you try disconnecting the network cable, either at the PC or the switch end. I've seen one post claiming that as soon as the network cable was disconnected XBMC shuts down. If you it may be due to a hang in some bit of code using the network.

JR
U mean hard disconnect pc from modem? Like pull the ethernet out?

I found a wee program that should kill the xbmc.exe process should it happen again, i'll let u know if it works (either way).

Must say great forum support here guys, really appreciate it!
BruceBanner Wrote:U mean hard disconnect pc from modem? Like pull the ethernet out?

Yes. If/when the XBMC shutdown hangs pull the cable and wait 60 seconds or so to see if it makes any difference. Then reconnect the cable.

JR
Ok it crashed on me again, pulling out the cable for 60seconds didn't work, I will try it again (I might not have quite reached 60secs). FYI I have killtools1.0 running as a process which is supposed to kill any current running application by using the windows key+k (it works on other applications). It failed to kill xbmc O.o
BruceBanner Wrote:Ok it crashed on me again, pulling out the cable for 60seconds didn't work, I will try it again (I might not have quite reached 60secs).

OK, thanks. No need to try it again. If pulling the cable was going to make a difference it would have worked almost immediately. The 60 seconds was just to make sure. At least it eliminates one possibility.

JR
I'm preferring to close xbmc down via the killtools 1.0 program instead of even trying to close it down properly. Killtooks works doing this whereas using the shutdown option in xbmc sumtimes works and somestimes hangs, and when it hangs killtools doesn't work (i.e so why even risk trying to close it properly, just use killtools to be safe).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Player?0