Windows 7 Buffering problem
Hey Guys

Hoping someone can shed some light on an annoying "Buffering" problem I'm having with my Windows 7 64bit XBMC player. I'm connected on a Gigabit network and have tried setting the speed to 100meg full duplex which didn't help. I've also tried upgrading and downgrading my network card driver. I've even tried a new adapter, all have the same buffering issue. As a last resort to test connectivity, I connected my Laptop to the same cable and managed to quickly start and stream content off my server. I'm on the latest version of XBMC if that makes any difference.

Is this a know issue?

Thanks
ever tried the search?

many people have the issue i do / did too
DaGround Wrote:ever tried the search?

many people have the issue i do / did too

Hi. I did search and attempted all the possible fixes like swapping out the network card, setting the speed to 100 meg full duplex, downgrading the drivers, etc

Any other suggestions you care to share?

Thanks
Some more info to add

Accessing my FULL library causes the buffering issue. Switching to a Genre, the first movie I start buffers for about 15 seconds and then starts to play. Stopping it and starting any other movie in that genre is instant! Going back to the full library results in the buffering issue but switching to another genre I continue to get almost instant loading times.

Could this be a problem with a database lock maybe?

I'm on the latest Windows version of XBMC, Dharma 10 I believe with the latest Aeon MQ2 skin
what system do you have for xbmc? sounds like it is to weak for the aeon skin. try confluence or aeon nox.

i had a very strange thing 2 days ago with buffering..
i got a 100mb swtich wired to a gigabit switch where the nas is attched. my zbox (win7, gb-controller) is connceted to the 100mb switch running everything great without stuttering. then i hooked my old pc wich will be another xbmc player onto the same 100mb switch. that board just has a 100mb network controller!! so it should not be a propblem on the 100mb switch....

i got horrible buffering every minute like 20 seconds under windows, under linux it's perfect (but no audio Sad ) !! still same switch as the zbox...

then i hooked it onto the 1gb switch and its running perfect o_O. on another machine( in different pure gigabit network) the buffering disappeard with changing the skin..

like you wrote some people fixed it with new drivers, many never had that issue.. i really dont know if any of this points are related, i just guess its win7 f***g it up somehow.
DaGround Wrote:what system do you have for xbmc? sounds like it is to weak for the aeon skin. try confluence or aeon nox.

Hi. I have an i3 with 4GB of DDR3 ram, all installed on a Solid State Intel drive so lack of horsepower is doubtfull. Initiating a samba stream to any of the drives on my server is almost instant so it looks like XBMC or the Aeon skin is not happy. I have quite a big library (1300 movies) so maybe the database is a bit overwhelmed when viewing the entire thing?

I'll switch to confluence to see if things improve.

Can someone else with my problems try sorting by genre and confirm that it does or doesn't resolve their buffering issue?

Thanks
hm my lib with about 900 movies and like 8000 tv-shows doesnt affect the playback just a little the browsing..
Ok, tried confluence and same symptoms as above. Full library buffering, sorting by genre super quick.

I think I'm going to try regenerate the library again as a last resort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 Buffering problem0