Start slideshow keyboard shortcut
Hi, this might be stupid question, but I didn't find an answer. Is there a keyboard shortcut to start pictures slideshow? I mean, I open an image, press some key and slideshow starts? Thanks
By default there isn't a key to do it, but I note from that there is a function:

SlideShow(dir [,recursive, [not]random])
Starts a slideshow of pictures in the folder dir. Optional parameters are "recursive", and "random" or "notrandom" parameters. The "recursive" parameter starts a recursive slideshow, adding images from sub-folders. The "random" and "notrandom" parameters override the Randomize setting found in the pictures media window

You could easily create a userdata keymapping to start the slideshow, but I think this has to be a predetermined directory. I'm not sure how you'd make it start the slideshow in whatever is the current folder. Possibly this would be doable with a Python script.

JR
Did you find an answer? I'm too looking for it!
I didn't find a keyboard shortcut, using JSON for this now.
i'm not sure i follow, do you mean 'p'?
vasikgreif Wrote:I didn't find a keyboard shortcut, using JSON for this now.

How? Do you mind posting the code/script?

I was thinking of mapping a key in keymap.xml and call SlideShow(dir [,recursive, [not]random]) function. But, then I couldn't figure out how to get the "dir" of the selected folder!
I would like a solution for this as well!
Besides start, pause/resume/stop would be nice additions as well..

I am not sure about the current status of this feature to start the slideshow (see problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1138418) but I think VDRFAN (or JSHRennie) can tell more about the keymap.xml and Montelesse can tell some more about the JSON-API. What I found about JSON to start the slideshow, is this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1111472

Maybe you can check how the picture DB addon or the artist slideshow addon handles this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start slideshow keyboard shortcut0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.