XBMC keeps adding TV-shows I do not own
Greetings fellow XBMC users,

I recently started using XBMC to manage my tv-series and dvd rip collection Confused but there's something wrong with how XBMC manages my tv shows, it keeps adding shows I do not have on my computer to the list: Magic User's Club (some weird anime) and Murder Book, is this a known bug or is it an addon problem?

It's really annoying because everytime I remove it, it simply comes back and they aren't really shows I'd ever consider getting into. Huh

Thanks in advance for any help
A TV show will be added for every folder that you have in folders where the content is set as TV shows.

The reason this is happening is probably because you have some folders which are badly named in your tv folder.

XBMC uses fuzzy logic and so will try and recognise the closest match for any folder that it finds.

So to fix it delete any folders in your TV folder that do not actually relate to a TV show or try renaming folders of any TV shows that don't show up into something that is more likely to be matched on a search of the database
I still can't get rid of the problem, the series info says it's located in a directory called: \Users/ but I can't locate any such directory, let alone one where I back up videos to.
Exact same issue with the "Magic Users Club"
It's also showing it located in "\users/"
This thing is driving me nuts. If you delete it, it just keeps coming back. Gah! I've resorted to just renaming it "ZZZ" to put it at the bottom of my list, but it still bugs me.
Most likely some system folders that are picked up during the scan. Remove the unwanted series, enable debug logging and fire the scan. The pastebin the xbmc.log and post the URL here so we can check what's going on.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hope this helps.

http://rapidshare.com/files/452206371/xbmc.log

EDIT:

I have no idea if I did this correctly.

http://pastebin.com/T01SVMbS
Please use pastebin or similar.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hola.

Were you able to have any success getting rid of your phantom shows? Having the exact same issue with Magic User's Club within the \users/ directory. Tried deleting everything I could think of.

Thanks in advance.
I did actually. I believe it involved disabling the "Show hidden files, folders, drives" feature in the OS. I'm running a dedicated XBMC box on Windows 7.
Pest Wrote:I did actually. I believe it involved disabling the "Show hidden files, folders, drives" feature in the OS. I'm running a dedicated XBMC box on Windows 7.

This Magic User Club show makes me mental. I can't seem to get rid of that ¤%&"%@ Magic User Club show. Tried to disable the "show hidden files" but it's still there. Is there any chance that a xbmc update could fix this bug?

It's only in TV-shows, so the whole /user/ thing doesent affect my movie library.
Im getting many many movies and tv shows showing up as Magic Users Club from The Godfather III , Hangover 2 , many random tv shows. Its showing that I have 17k episodes of Magic Users Club. The only folder I have added to my library are I:\Movies and F:\TVShows. Every movie i in a folder with movies name and every tv show is SeriesName/Season#/ ##-EpisodeName.avi .

can you post a debug log of the scan? also are you scanning recursively when you are doing your scans, what scraper are you using?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
http://pastebin.com/rsZ47pvA This is part of the log for one movie that comes up as Magic Users Club and I do not know how to tell if im scanning recursively or what scraper im using. Im fairly new to xbmc Ive only ever used it for pseudoTV and everything worked fine till I updated to xbmc 11.0
the option for scanning recursivly comes up when you select content for the given media.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
(2012-09-16, 04:14)rytharr Wrote: http://pastebin.com/rsZ47pvA This is part of the log for one movie that comes up as Magic Users Club and I do not know how to tell if im scanning recursively or what scraper im using. Im fairly new to xbmc Ive only ever used it for pseudoTV and everything worked fine till I updated to xbmc 11.0

hmm.. by the looks of it,
you have set content to tv shows on your movie folder?

Code:
21:13:57 T:5944   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: F:\Movies\The Godfather- Part II (1974)\The Godfather- Part II (1).nfo
21:13:57 T:5944   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:F:\Movies\The Godfather- Part II (1974)\The Godfather- Part II (1).avi
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps adding TV-shows I do not own0