Audio Distortion (ffmpeg issue?) - Logfile included
So my issue is when I play a few of my MKV files that have an AAC audio track, the audio is completely distorted. Its audible, but its sounds everyone is talking with a slow deep voice. The Video looks fine, Audio is the only issue. Errors start around 13:23:22.

Thanks in advance!

http://pastebin.com/WyMMAiJK
bump, please?
another bump possibly? any help, greatly appreciated!
Sorry I haven't seen your debug log yet but are you running audio using WASAPI?

Cheers,
EG.
yes, i am. I think I've tried it using DirectSound, but I don't remember at this point.
Code:
Not evaluating a further program_config_element as this construct is dubious at best.
Google returns lots of results when searching for that, there's nothing conclusive though.
guitaraholic Wrote:yes, i am. I think I've tried it using DirectSound, but I don't remember at this point.

OK, as expected! WASAPI does not work, and you are not the only one. There are another thread about audio issues including this one! I've done extensive testing to find a proper setup using different Audio systems that I have but passthrough using WASAPI "HDMI or Optical" does not work as you wish.

If you can run audio without passthrough you will be better off for now, until the dev team releases the new sound engine and by then I hope all will be working well. :-)
How would I run it without pass through? Have you found a way to do that?
Disable ac3 and dts capable receiver.
In XBMC or on the Windows Sound settings?
Thumbs Up 
guitaraholic Wrote:In XBMC or on the Windows Sound settings?
In XBMC
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Would you recommend using Directsound over WASAPI or does it not really matter?
I changed these settings but the audio is still distorted. I disable the ac3 and dts options under sound and unfortunately still have the problem. Any other suggestions? The file plays fine in VLC and Boxee (is that a forbidden word?).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Distortion (ffmpeg issue?) - Logfile included0