Videos not showing in Video List / Missing Tv series
good call Auri,

I just can't fathom why it would stop working all of a sudden. Nothings changed in my setup, that could cause this (i.e. i've not reinstalled windows, or made a new user or anything!).

Regarding the user permissions... i already HAVE local windows XBMC user with read permissions. That being the case, I can;t see how my setting up ANOTHER user would work?

I;m going to issue read AND write permissions to my user, to see if that makes any difference...

***Actually Auri... let me ask you this. How much free space do you have available on the drive that is causing you issues? I have about 10GB left... (which is about 10% of the drive total). I wonder if running on less that X% free drive space might cause issues?!
mcai8rw2 Wrote:good call Auri,

I just can't fathom why it would stop working all of a sudden. Nothings changed in my setup, that could cause this (i.e. i've not reinstalled windows, or made a new user or anything!).

Regarding the user permissions... i already HAVE local windows XBMC user with read permissions. That being the case, I can;t see how my setting up ANOTHER user would work?

I;m going to issue read AND write permissions to my user, to see if that makes any difference...

***Actually Auri... let me ask you this. How much free space do you have available on the drive that is causing you issues? I have about 10GB left... (which is about 10% of the drive total). I wonder if running on less that X% free drive space might cause issues?!

Mmm good one, I'm currently running on 2% and on 6% Free HDD space, I need to buy new disks ASAP I know, but it might be causing all this. thing is I cannot test that until I buy new disks Sad bleh.
Just to add another part to this tale:

last night, on my windows 7 PC, i renamed my shared folders. Movies --> MyMovies

Windows 7 pops up a warning to say "this share will no longer be available" which is fine.

I the RE-SHARED all my relevant files... and still XBMC library would not pick up some certain files.

ALSO... regarding the space-available. This is not a valid train of thought anymore. The reason being that my second movie collection is on a 1Tb drive with over 50% free space. (i.e. its not full at all)... and this is the drive that movies are missing from.

To be honest, i think Dobyken, Auri, and myself are really struggling to come up with a valid solution to this issue.

What is the process (if there even is one) of escalating an issue to more senior members of the XBMC community? I appreciate that its not like I can approach staff members on the problems! BUT, there ust be some method of 'upping the ante'.

Thanks
Hi...

I;m still no where near solving this issue. LIke i say... i appreciate that this isn;t some kind of paid-service. But how do i escalate a problem to more technically minded people.

I am naturally willing to work with them, and to provide what data i can.
I suppose i should be thankful that this issues has fixed itself, but I'd really like to know what on earth is going on.

I added:

<loglevel hide="false">3</loglevel>

to my advancedsettings.xml file (located in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata) rebooted a couple of times. and now all my movies are showing.

I have no idea whats going on... by Auri... if you;re still keeping up with this thread. Enable debugging and see what happens.
mcai8rw2 Wrote:I suppose i should be thankful that this issues has fixed itself, but I'd really like to know what on earth is going on.

I added:

<loglevel hide="false">3</loglevel>

to my advancedsettings.xml file (located in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata) rebooted a couple of times. and now all my movies are showing.

I have no idea whats going on... by Auri... if you;re still keeping up with this thread. Enable debugging and see what happens.

Ok... i'm lying again. Why is this happening? argh! i am tearing my hair out.

I *thought* that enabling logging had helped. Actually it wasn;t any help at all.

Actually what happened, was that some movies that were missing started showing. Prompting me to send the "yey i fixed it!" message... however, although some movies that were missing started being shown correctly, even more movies that WERE being shown originally, HAVE NOW DISAPPEARED! Angry

Oh god. I'm so upset. Sad
Mine is doing the same thing. Out of 400 files only about 200 are showing. I am running xbmc on a apple tv2, smb, windows 7. I have tried everything I can think of. For instance I deleted source and readded the source. etc. For me its the b's that arent showing up. For instance "the burbs" showed up and then just disappeared. Same with the bourne identity. However I added the Bourne Identity to the library before it went away. Now it shows up in library but says that the file no longer exits when I try to play it.
thackstonns Wrote:Mine is doing the same thing. Out of 400 files only about 200 are showing. I am running xbmc on a apple tv2, smb, windows 7. I have tried everything I can think of. For instance I deleted source and readded the source. etc. For me its the b's that arent showing up. For instance "the burbs" showed up and then just disappeared. Same with the bourne identity. However I added the Bourne Identity to the library before it went away. Now it shows up in library but says that the file no longer exits when I try to play it.

Well... here we have another example where it is the 'The' films that are causing a problem.

There IS a reason that these films are being skipped. I just don;t know what it is.
ONe of the contributers to this thread, 'Auri' suggested that he was going to try an XBMC distro called "openelec" to see if this fixed the issue.

I have downloaded and installed this OpenELEC, and, whilst being very impressive in terms of speed.... did NOT fix the unlisted-movies problem.

Thusly... given that this was a new install, of an XBMC varient, would lend further weight to the problem being WINDOWS 7 Based, and not XBMC based.

Has anyone experiencing this issue installed windows 7 service pack 1?

I wonder if this may help?
I'm not so sure I'd be that quick to point a finger at Win7. I'm also running the Live version (just updated to 10.1, but still running on Jaunty - Ubuntu v8.x, I think) on an Acer Revo 1600. However, all my movies are stored on a WinXP box. I have 492 movies, each stored in its own directory, each has had the Ember Media Manager treatment, but the library mode only reports 418 movies. I've done a library update several times, rebooted and also cleaned the library, yet I'm still missing over 100 movies from the library (keep reading for the math discrepancy).

When I go to the Video settings, and look at my link (SMB mounted), I can see everything (I assume it's everything, since I can see the 20 or so new movies I ripped over the weekend), but the library scanner won't find them.

XBMC: 10.1 compiled 9 Mar 2011
Skin: AEON MQ 2 Ver 2.5.1 Rev 14

Debug Log here: http://pastebin.com/KCR0QVpR

You'll note that the scan starts with the movie "A Cinderella Story", yet the //edc/Movies directory has 9 other entries that come alphabetically prior to that - you can see some of them here: Image (note the bottom left corner indicating that there are 534 movies - I have my movies divided into three shares - basically PG, PG-13 & R - the 492 movie number above is just the PG collection).

Any other thoughts?
FreeMan
Maybe it is something with service pack one. Now that I think of it I just recently updated to sp1. I cant say for sure, but I know a xbmc was working perfect, and then all of the sudden this problem showed up. I will go home over lunch and see if I cant figure something out. Maybe uninstall sp1 or reinstall win 7 ultimate.
Well thackstonns, before you go doing that, you might want to learn that i am NOT running SP1 on my win7. And still have the same problem.

My full debug log has been pasted here... i've change usernames/passwords etc...

http://pastebin.com/k0yR5RYa

Whats frustrating with the log file is that (as far as i can tell) there is no where that the log gives a reason for NOT listing something. e.g. "movie xXx not listed because ... codec, permissions, network traffic congestion etc.."

I'm hoping that now a couple of full logs have been posted here... that some brighter individual can have a look through and pin-point the problem.

Keep on trucking.
OK...

Shortly before I bought my Aspire Revo, i was using a WDTV Live for streaming movies.

Sick and tired of the issues detailed in this thread, i got the WDTV live out again, and pluged it in.

Having updated the WDTVlive to the latest firmware, i looked at my list of shares... and guess what!...

My movies stopped being listed at a certain point.... in this particualr case it was "Training Day" and also, "The Secret Garden".

The fact that my movies are not being listed by two separate devices... SURELY indicates that any problem lies with my PC.

I am now about to install SP1 on my windows 7 machine, to see if this makes aaaannnyyy difference at all.

vive la revolutione.
I am having the same issue, after years of XBMC use, and I've never had the issue before...

I updated XBMC from 9.11 to 10.1, and still have the issue. I installed the windows version of XBMC on my laptop(win 7) and do NOT have the issue there..

I deleted all of my shares on XBMC, cleaned the library DB and then re-associated the shares... still an issue. what gives?!
As I was browsing the forum, I came across this unresolved question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100295. Any chance the two issues are related?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not showing in Video List / Missing Tv series0