Weather translation
i chose to post this here, as it's not actually a bug. the thing is that the translations for the weather page seem to only partially work. i think this happened after this update "08-02-2005 changed: weather is now obtained in a background thread on demand."

examples of strings that aren't translated: "cloudy", "snow", "rain".

and btw, from what i can remember some of the strings have never been translated. i would be nice to have a 100% complete translation of xbmc Smile
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
see strings with id around 374.

xbmc loads the weather from the web, then loads the english strings and replaces the strings found in the weather info that match the english strings with the strings from whichever language is currently active. at least that's how it's supposed to work!

edit: but it appears in the updates the other day, it slipped under the radar - the "tokens" we check for aren't loaded like they're supposed to. fixed and awaiting testing Smile

cheers,
jonathan

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

damn, you guys are fast! Smile

i'll test as soon as a build is available. i don't compile myself.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
(vnm @ feb. 10 2005,20:49 Wrote:and btw, from what i can remember some of the strings have never been translated. i would be nice to have a 100% complete translation of xbmc Smile
seems like i was remembering correctly. i don't have a complete list of the not translated strings, but here are those few i've come across:

weather conditions:
"early"
"shower"
"flurries"

under uv index:
"low"
(probably also "medium" and "high"? only locations with a "low" uv index)

and there could also be done something with the time in weather, in regards of time format and translation. the time/date should be displayed according to the system settings in xbmc.
thanks - will add tonight. i'll probably add in medium + high as they are probably there, and there is room for those. i'll check a few southern hemisphere locations to see if the uv readings are any different.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

added. will be in cvs tonight. i've just added them by overriding some of the n/a strings in the english strings.xml. (id's 388-393)

thanks again.

cheers,
jonathan

wonderfull. then i'll wait for a new build to check i out. hopefully the weather translation is complete... (it looks so stupid when something is in english and something in another language! better to have it all in the same language.)
still doesn't work for uv index. don't know about the other strings though. still says "low" here, and it should be "lav". (the norwegian xml is updated with the new strings.)
will check tonight.

:fixed:

great! will check when a new build is available Smile will probably also do a bit more work on finding non-translated strings.
there are some more strings that are not localized:
fog
haze
busy (if it's possible)

tnx jmarshall.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
done. hopefully there aren't any more as we've run out of space and will have to move all the tokens (we're out of free strings!Wink

cheers,
jonathan

tnx jonathan, fog and haze are fine but some problems still remain and i don't know if it's a skin or a code matter.
some words go out of the gfx and overwrite the next word, this happen in english and i let you imagine in other languages:
now i don't know if there is a lenght limit in the string, and if it's there we need to reduce that limit or a skin adjustment to make it fit properly.
then while i was checking for fog and haze i found some more words like "drifting" and the word "and" between two words like "rain and snow" that in italian show "pioggia and neve" ("and" in italian is "e").
i know that we have no more space so i'm thinking if is possible some more words filtering.
ciaooo. marco.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
:fixed:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather translation0