Weather translation
(jmarshall @ mar. 31 2005,18:40 Wrote:if we had a thorough list of returned strings, then we could probably come up with a better algorithm (for instance, most are single phrase expressions, possibly with am/pm and possibly separated by "/" from what i can tell.)
well, that would be the best solution. i guess it couldn't hurt to ask for a such list from weather.com? (the most probably know that xbmc uses their weather forecasts anyway Smile)
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
(vnm @ april 13 2005,17:40 Wrote:the problem with the empty strings in strings.xml that caused a crash was solved, but then another problem showed up.
lets take these three strings from the english xml:
Quote:<string><id>1405</id><value>in</value></string>
<string><id>1406</id><value>the</value></string>
<string><id>1407</id><value>vicinity</value></string
the string "in the vicinity" is translated with "i nærheten" in norwegian. that results in theese three strings:
Quote:<string><id>1405</id><value>i</value></string>
<string><id>1406</id><value></value></string>
<string><id>1407</id><value>nærheten</value></string>
what happens is that tis is displayed in xbmc: "i the nærheten"

guess this needs no furter explanation.
Quote:new string:

"to"

:bump:

not that i like to nag on you, just want to make sure these things aren't forgotten Smile
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
i would try this:

<string><id>1405</id><value>i</value></string>
<string><id>1406</id><value>-</value></string>

put a "-" instead of empty.

cheers.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
of course i could. but its better to have it fixed rather than just doing a workaround, dont you think?
(vnm @ april 13 2005,17:40 Wrote:the problem with the empty strings in strings.xml that caused a crash was solved, but then another problem showed up.
lets take these three strings from the english xml:
Quote:<string><id>1405</id><value>in</value></string>
<string><id>1406</id><value>the</value></string>
<string><id>1407</id><value>vicinity</value></string
the string "in the vicinity" is translated with "i nærheten" in norwegian. that results in theese three strings:
Quote:<string><id>1405</id><value>i</value></string>
<string><id>1406</id><value></value></string>
what happens is that tis is displayed in xbmc: "i the nærheten"

guess this needs no furter explanation.
Quote:new string:

"to"
(i included the quotes to keep it all in one post with easy access)

and now, yet another string. this time from uv index:

"moderate"
hello.
another word that need translating is "windy"
mvh.
kaeri2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather translation0