Onkyo Receiver remote with XBMC
Hi

Is there anybody who use their Onkyo's remote controll (which is programmable to many device) with XBMC and linux?
adriankoooo Wrote:Hi

Is there anybody who use their Onkyo's remote controll (which is programmable to many device) with XBMC and linux?

This could be very useful. I'd like to know this too Big Grin
Yeah. Smile

The remote looks like this:

here are the codes available for the remote:

/Manual_TX_SR507_Remote_Control_Codes.pdf

I have Igor Cesko's USB receiver and a windows media center compatible usb receiver.
I use the exact same remote. Please tell me that it works... and HOW...
Well you could try the 4 Microsoft codes in that document you posted (pdf's are searchable).

Either that or you will have to read up on using irw (I think thats what it is called for viewing the codes that are sent) and editing the remote config files in XBMC

Here is a wiki about editing for the XBOX DVD remote (which one of the codes is probably for) http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lir...DVD_Remote

Here is a generic LIRC wiki for XBMC: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lir...ircmap.xml
Hmmm. This could be an interesting thread if someone could get it working. I have an Integra amp which is Onkyo's custom installation line and have a similar remote. I will be watching this one. Id rather not go get another remote. currently using my android

Cheers
steve
Funny thing ... two days ago i was thinking about the same thing Big Grin
I Would like to use my "Marantz RC008SR" for xbmc. cause the mainlayout is close to the android xbmc-remote app.
I use this remote in my setup. It works out of the box if you use the media center PC code. According to that pdf the code is 21972, I have it written down at home and I'll double check later.

I used a generic media center remote ir receiver with my Onkyo remote.
I also have this remote so +1 for interested in hearing how it works... Smile
My XBMC is set up to use the Original XBox remote and I tried all the Microsoft and XBox codes in the instruction manual last night. Sadly none of them worked.

I think I'll look into irw and the lirc file this weekend if I get chance.

The lirc website has conf files for remotes similar to mine but not exact matches http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/onkyo/
Nvidia Shield (tube) | Kodi v20 | Sony STR-DN1080 amp in 7.2 | Asustor NAS 11TB raid 5 | Epson EH-TW7000 4k projector | 92" retractable screen | Canton CX 80 speakers
You have to setup lirc to specify the media center receiver:
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Then program your onkyo remote with the media center codes.
draggy Wrote:You have to setup lirc to specify the media center receiver:
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Then program your onkyo remote with the media center codes.

Can you post your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf ?; this contains lirc's remote codes. And to what button do you have configured xbmc? Smile
Anyone get anywhere with this yet? I'm gonna have a crack at it this weekend because we have a 4 day weekend here in the UK. Cool
Nvidia Shield (tube) | Kodi v20 | Sony STR-DN1080 amp in 7.2 | Asustor NAS 11TB raid 5 | Epson EH-TW7000 4k projector | 92" retractable screen | Canton CX 80 speakers
I've recorded my own LIRC setups for my Yamaha receiver remote for when I press the "DVD" button (which is labeled as XBMC when it shows up on the receiver's screen).
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Was it easy to do? Fancy posting your method up here to save me reading about it elsewhere Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onkyo Receiver remote with XBMC0