Onkyo Receiver remote with XBMC
darkscout Wrote:I've recorded my own LIRC setups for my Yamaha receiver remote for when I press the "DVD" button (which is labeled as XBMC when it shows up on the receiver's screen).

With Onkyo's receiver I'cant record with irrecord "error occured. Try again" - or something like that error message.

The microsoft dvr code from manual is not working for me. Nothing is shown in irw. With my harmony remote it is ok.
I have mine setup, but I used the learning function to program it as a MCE remote.

One downside I did find with it, it seemed to always do a double button press. Whereas my Harmony One wouldn't. But then I reinstalled my system using Natty and I was getting the double button presses with the Harmony, I've fixed this now. But I haven't checked again with the Onkyo remote.

I have the Onkyo programmed for all the other systems, but personal preference, I prefer the Harmony One as the one remote to rule them all. I don't like the button clutter of the Onkyo - I Have the SR707 and there are more buttons on it.
can you give me any hints with this?

here's where i get stuck following this wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...lk_to_XBMC

I open a console using ctrl+alt+F2 & log in as root
Kill lirc
Code:
killall lircd

If I check my hardware.conf file this is settings
Driver=""
Device="/dev/lirc0"

run irrecord
Code:
irrecord --device=/dev/lirc0 MyRemote

I get all the text about irrecord and press enter then i get
Code:
Hold down an arbitrary button.

irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

If at the prompt I hold down a button from my old XBox remote I get lots of ............. and it says it's found the gap length and will allow me to go on and map my buttons.

Anyone who where i'm going wrong?
Nvidia Shield (tube) | Kodi v20 | Sony STR-DN1080 amp in 7.2 | Asustor NAS 11TB raid 5 | Epson EH-TW7000 4k projector | 92" retractable screen | Canton CX 80 speakers
Sorry to bring up an old post.

I have just received my Flirc usb receiver and had this working in 15min.

I have the Integra DTR50.2 receiver, programmed my remote with this code 21972. only tried it in windows at the moment and will be trying the live version soon.

cheers
My Onkyo remote (RC-801M) works perfectly with code 33504 (Onkyo DVD remote). Since I already have an Xbox 360, using 33006 wasn't possible, but I did also tested it with that code and it also worked fine.

I'm not using LIRC btw, but ir-keytable, which is the new way of ding things Smile. For more info see the first link in my sig. There's also a proper config file there for the 33504 code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onkyo Receiver remote with XBMC0