Adding TV Show not in thetvdb.com?
Is it impossible to add a show/episode to the library wich is not in thetvdb.com?

I've tried with custom nfo files.I checked the guide in the wiki about making nfo files. First I created an tvshow.nfo wich I put in the folder of the TV-Show, it contains the title, plot, studio, genre etc of the show. I also downloaded fanart.jpg and banner.jpg wich I put into the folder. Then I created an nfo file with the exact name of the episode, containing title, plot, studio etc. The episode file also have the right naming convention (eg. foo.s01e01.*).

When adding info to the database it adds the show with the correct banner, fanart, title, plot etc. But it refuses to add the episode. Why? Can't this be done? I have all info, images and the episode file on disk and I want xbmc to simply add it without trying to get info from thetvdb.com, why wont it let me?
I don't think that anyone will be able to tell you what your problem is without at least a log file to go on.
As an aside, why don't you enter the information for the tv show at thetvdb? That way you and anyone else that may want to add this show will be able to.

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:I don't think that anyone will be able to tell you what your problem is without at least a log file to go on.
As an aside, why don't you enter the information for the tv show at thetvdb? That way you and anyone else that may want to add this show will be able to.

Mark
I suspected that someone would suggest me to add it to thetvdb.com, yes of cause I have no problem adding it there Smile. But that really don't solve my problem, temporay yeah, but I don't want to do that everytime there is a show not present in the db. My primary usage of xbmc is to play media not to tweak around stuff now and then.

I want xbmc to add it to the library with the info available, such as title and file link. That way I can have some automation without worry about some shows not showing up in my library (and please don't suggest switching to filemode, I want my setup to be user friendly). My plan is to use any of the media mangers to scrape the content automatically from series in the download folder and if some show is not found it would simply add nfo files with the title and some kind of default banner. If only XBMC wouldn't refuse to add it in the library then it would all be good enough.

So just tell me is it impossible to add it if there is no scraper link to thetvdb.com or is it me writing the nfo files wrong? At least tell me if it's doable so that I don't need to waste time trying to do something that xbmc wont allow.

EDIT: Btw the log indicates something that might be a clue, this is what it say at the end:

18:45:19 T:2444 M:2517118976 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match d:\tv-shows\....... etc .... (s1e1) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[][._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$]
18:45:19 T:2444 M:2516967424 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml
18:45:19 T:2444 M:2516963328 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
18:45:19 T:2444 M:2517786624 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2517692416 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in special://skin/resources/updater/default.py.'
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2517688320 INFO: initializing python engine.
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2517688320 DEBUG: Win32DllLoader::Load(special://xbmcbin/system/python/python24.dll)
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2516983808 DEBUG: msg: 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2516983808 DEBUG: new python thread created. id=3
18:45:26 T:5360 M:2516983808 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
18:45:26 T:5360 M:2516983808 DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
18:45:26 T:5360 M:2516983808 DEBUG: msg: 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2516983808 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 28, sym: 13, unicode: 13, modifier: 0
18:45:26 T:2444 M:2516983808 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61453 pressed, action is Select
18:45:26 T:5360 M:2516975616 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:45:26 T:5360 M:2516901888 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - The source file to load is special://skin/resources/updater/default.py

Is this helpful? I'm using Aeon MQ2 if that has something to do with it.
I'm certainly not going to tell you use file mode. I like library mode as well :o)

Yes it can be done. But you have to make sure that you make your nfo file correctly. Without seeing one, it is hard to tell what is going wrong. If you have a correctly formatted nfo file, XBMC will use it before going out online to scrape a show or movie, at least that is the expected behavior.
As for your log. If you use pastebin you can paste the whole thing. I think that would be a great help to get you fixed up.

Mark
I've done this.
Do you have an <episodeguide> element in your tvshow.nfo?

I can't remember exactly, but i think when I did this, i needed an empty <episodeguide></episodeguide> element in there.

Of course, you will never be able to scrape "real" info if you do this ad the TV show is added to the TVDB at a later date, because XBMC doesn't know the episode guide url (aka the TVDB url), so all your episodes must have corresponding episode .nfo's
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
bradvido88 Wrote:I've done this.
Do you have an <episodeguide> element in your tvshow.nfo?

I can't remember exactly, but i think when I did this, i needed an empty <episodeguide></episodeguide> element in there.

Of course, you will never be able to scrape "real" info if you do this ad the TV show is added to the TVDB at a later date, because XBMC doesn't know the episode guide url (aka the TVDB url), so all your episodes must have corresponding episode .nfo's
I tried this but nothing changed Sad. Do you have more info about it?
You can generate custom .nfos with this handy tool YANG:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36167
kiboy6 Wrote:You can generate custom .nfos with this handy tool YANG:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36167
Thank you! But the TV-Shows option isn't enabled Sad.
The amount of effort you have put in to this post...you could have added the show to theTVDB by now. For the benefit of the everybody else.
Blarre72 Wrote:Thank you! But the TV-Shows option isn't enabled Sad.

There is a workaround that allows you to use YANG for Tv-shows mentioned in the thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=325362&postcount=7
Big Grin
mortstar Wrote:The amount of effort you have put in to this post...you could have added the show to theTVDB by now. For the benefit of the everybody else.
Yes of cause but if you read my previous post maybe you can figure out why I want this to work in XBMC Wink. I simply want it to work automatically in the future.
Blarre72 Wrote:Yes of cause but if you read my previous post maybe you can figure out why I want this to work in XBMC Wink. I simply want it to work automatically in the future.

I'm still confused, how is producing nfo's and tweaking XBMC any easier than adding it to thetvdb.com and/or then it automatically working in the future?

What is the show anyway?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
pseudo7 Wrote:I'm still confused, how is producing nfo's and tweaking XBMC any easier than adding it to thetvdb.com and/or then it automatically working in the future?

What is the show anyway?
I'm not sure how I could be clearer with what I want... As I said I want some automatation. When a show or movie is downloaded then Ember (and some other programs and scripts) will run and scrape all content needed including the nfo file. Then it will bee moved to the correct location on my media server and xbmc will pick it up at next library update. I don't want to do manual work everytime something finished downloading. I want it to work and then forget about it. XBMC is suposed to make my life easier, not to complicate it. My spare time should be spent watching/listening to media presented by xbmc, not tweaking around or checking that my files where added correctly. Please understand this Big Grin...

The show I'm trying to add is a swedish single episode called "Bröderna Hårdrock", wich should be of little interest for you if your not swedish.
kiboy6 Wrote:There is a workaround that allows you to use YANG for Tv-shows mentioned in the thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=325362&postcount=7
Big Grin
This is not working either btw... Sad
No scraper will work with the show if it is not in a database that the scraper uses. Most likely thetvdb. There are two ways that you can get the "no hands on" result that you want. Either make a correct nfo file for your show or enter the show information into thetvdb for your benefit and any other who may have this show. Either way will require "you" to do a little work.

Good luck,
Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV Show not in thetvdb.com?0