• 4(current)
WIP Tube
(2014-05-29, 19:11)suku_patel_22 Wrote: 1. Is the time supposed to be so much padding for time?

That seems all right to me.

(2014-05-29, 19:11)suku_patel_22 Wrote: 2. Clicking on the skin name doesn't bring up the skin chooser.

At the time of posting the Github link, I hadn't finished the settings screen, which I mentioned. Like I said in a previous post, I only pushed the select dialog last night. So if you download the new version, you can use the skin selector again.

(2014-05-29, 19:11)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Do you plan to add music, pictures, addons and shutdown menu to the home screen?

I don't have any TV shows, it would be great if we can configure the categories for the home screen.
Music, pictures and add-ons will come later as well, but since I don't use them they're not on the top of my list. Shutdown menu and categories configuration will come once I start working on a new home screen.

(2014-05-29, 19:11)suku_patel_22 Wrote: I also found audio settings and exoert/beginner settings level selection to be missing.
The settings screen is still not completely finished, I will add these soon.
(2014-05-28, 20:15)Mesoptier Wrote: You need to understand that I have to consider each element of the skin, I'm trying to leave out as many unnecessary ones as possible to keep the skin as simple as possible. So while I will consider some of your ideas, I cannot add everything, because the skin would quickly turn into a huge mess.
I am very happy with the current state of the skin. I like minimalism.

(2014-05-28, 20:15)Mesoptier Wrote: I do want to redesign the home menu to become more of a hub, and I'll of course add those widgets. Smile
I hope the new homescreen will not blow up the whole skin. I for one would be really pleased with just 3 items (Live-TV, Movies, TV-Shows)

(2014-05-28, 20:15)Mesoptier Wrote: I'm not going to be working on PVR support for a while, so if you really want live TV you're better off using a different skin until then.
Thats absolutley fine, i used confluence most of the last years, i switched once to reFocus, but i think the home screen didn't work for me. Now i am pleased with conq which is als very slick.

(2014-05-28, 20:15)Mesoptier Wrote: Not until it's even remotely finished, and probably not after that either! Wink
Too Bad!

So far thanks for the alpha. I will test every new version on my laptop and give you some feedback.
You need not worry about performance on Pi. It's good.
Over the past few days I've pushed some small changes to Github.
  • Settings screen - This has been in for a while, but I figured I'd mention it again anyway.
  • Fanart background - No option to disable yet, but that will come with the skin settings.
  • Slider dialog - Audio / Subtitle offset.
  • Select dialog - The settings screen is now functional enough in the sense that you can change skins if necessary.
  • OK dialog - Untested, but since this is very similar to the yes/no dialog, it should work fine. I do still need to fix the message textarea for both these dialogs, they don't show because I'm using <height>auto</height, but that doesn't seem to work.
  • Visible hint for available subtitles - The subtitles icon in the OSD is filled in when there are already subtitles available.
  • And some various smaller bugfixes

(2014-05-30, 04:23)suku_patel_22 Wrote: You need not worry about performance on Pi. It's good.
Excellent!
(2014-05-30, 19:01)Mesoptier Wrote: Over the past few days I've pushed some small changes to Github.
  • Settings screen - This has been in for a while, but I figured I'd mention it again anyway.
  • Fanart background - No option to disable yet, but that will come with the skin settings.
  • Slider dialog - Audio / Subtitle offset.
  • Select dialog - The settings screen is now functional enough in the sense that you can change skins if necessary.
  • OK dialog - Untested, but since this is very similar to the yes/no dialog, it should work fine. I do still need to fix the message textarea for both these dialogs, they don't show because I'm using <height>auto</height, but that doesn't seem to work.
  • Visible hint for available subtitles - The subtitles icon in the OSD is filled in when there are already subtitles available.
  • And some various smaller bugfixes
Great update!!!
Thank you
Your skin is awesome.

I tried it on my RPi, and its performing very, very well.
I like the minimalistic approach, and this is/was exactly what i'm searching for: minimalistic as possible.

As you mentioned earlier, "Programs" and "Weather" etc. on the home screen is not on your agenda, and will take time, but i'm fine with that.

Keep up the good work!
Looking good and fast!
Love this skin so much, couple of things that would be great:

Shutdown Menu for exiting XBMC
Quicker access to video addons and files without having to go into tv shows, then clicking the dots, I have files on my NAS which are scraped into the database but I also have a folder of videos on my computer that I don't want scraped into the library but which I view daily
Fanart view for video apps, Youtube is unusable in this skin because it only has the title of the video instead of a picture, title and description

Other than that this skin would be my daily driver.
Just pushed that smaller landscape view, it's looking pretty good.

That's true ! Looks amazing !
Real nice work on this skin dude. One of the most promising wip skins in my opinion. Keep it up ...
Looks amazing Mesoptier Smile
This skin is absolutely incredible. I love the direction it is headed in.

Do you have any plans to support Live TV? I'm willing to skip over it just to use this skin, and that would set it over the top.
Love this skin, looks simple and slick.

After testing, I was wondering if you could also implement add option for scrolling vertically, as well as horizontal? It would be faster to scroll up and down, when you have a lot of media Smile

Also ability to add simple sub menus?, like press down to view them? Smile
anyone who can create a skin has good tekkers so top work
To address the vertical scrolling requests: nope. This skin is intended to be horizontal, and if you really wish to scroll through your media faster, use the scroll bar or the pageup/down buttons!

Next up should be the video information dialog, but I can't really figure out a way to get everything to fit together, especially for the different video types...
These were some ideas I had. Both these designs have an actors section that scrolls vertically, but I think I'd prefer for it to feel like a separate screen, so it can use the skin's horizontal scrolling design.

I miss either a poster or fanart in this design. And I don't think it's very convenient to focus on the actors section, because you need to go past the other buttons first.

I think this one has too many different fonts and font sizes, and also some alignment issues. Plus I don't think this would be super user friendly.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tube9