• 14(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
He he
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-01-23, 01:01)ronie Wrote: the only thing you need to be aware of is this:
the script will delete the contents of the selected folder before it copies your artwork to that folder.

so do NOT select your movies folder or something like that.

If my memory serves me right, it happened to someone in this thread. Not a happy camper ...

Your warning should suffice, but maybe you can change the script so it only deletes images (i.e. *.jpg *.png etc).
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Hi,

I've installed the Aeon MQ5 skin but whenever I try to update the fanart database for the main menu's for Movies, TV Shows or Music I get a script.artworkorganizer failed error. Attached is the xbmc.log file. Can anyone help?

http://pastebin.com/JMUxfvLd

XBMC Log File

Thanks!
(2014-01-26, 21:25)kurosh Wrote: Hi,

I've installed the Aeon MQ5 skin but whenever I try to update the fanart database for the main menu's for Movies, TV Shows or Music I get a script.artworkorganizer failed error. Attached is the xbmc.log file. Can anyone help?

http://pastebin.com/JMUxfvLd

XBMC Log File

Thanks!

there's a problem with your music database.
it's missing a lot (all?) tables.
this is causing artwork organizer to fail.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie. I suspected that looking through the logs myself. Any idea how to rebuild my music database tables?
(2014-01-27, 00:03)kurosh Wrote: Thanks Ronie. I suspected that looking through the logs myself. Any idea how to rebuild my music database tables?

no clue, never used the mysql stuff with xbmc myself.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Don't worry, all sorted. FYI - DON'T UPGRADE TO MYSQL 5.6.

Restoring to 5.5 and hey presto, everything worked.
Hi Ronie

I've installed and run your script, and now I have no fanart?

If I go into Movies and/or TV Shows, no fanart is displayed. I haven't changed any fanart options within XBMC - only ran your script.

Any help would be great!
Can this download all artwork into the movie/tv shows folders? you see I have 5 playlists and I can't get the right art work to show for each list.

Example

I have one playlist and menu called Documentaries and in this is one show BBC Life
I used your script to download all artwork select the images (TV shows) and it will show Xfiles which is in my TV Shows playlist.

See my problem?

Cheers
I love this script, but I'm surprised it doesn't have the ability to run on a schedule. Any chance of adding that feature?

Thanks Smile
Hi ronie - thanks for this great script Smile

I'd like to use it to copy artist fanart (or fanart.jpg from the artist folder) to each artist's respective extrafanart folder.

Is there currently any way to do that?

[this would make sure that your excellent Artist Slideshow script would always find at least the default fanart to display. (without having to manually create an extrafanart folder for each artist and copy fanart.jpg to it)]
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem and I'm hoping this plugin can help.

I'm using Aeon Nox 4.0.9 and I really like the 4-thumbs view when browsing movies.
I've noticed that if the movie is in it's own folder then Artwork Downloadeder fetches all the artwork into their own folders in the movie folder.

However if the movies are all combined in one MOVIES folder then it mixes all different artwork in one huge folder. Then when browsing movies it uses wrong fanart thumbs for different movies.

Can this plugin help in anyhow?
Hey ronie, would it be possible to just delete artwork folders which are referenced on the script?

For example, when you call self.def _delete_directories( self ):
Code:
def _delete_directories( self ):
        if xbmcvfs.exists( self.directory ):
            dirs, files = xbmcvfs.listdir( self.directory )
            for item in dirs:
                try:
                    shutil.rmtree( os.path.join(self.directory, item) )
                except:
                    pass

it could only delete dirs in self.artworklist:
Code:
def _delete_directories( self ):
        if xbmcvfs.exists( self.directory ):
            dirs, files = xbmcvfs.listdir( self.directory )
            for item in dirs:
                try:
                    remdir = os.path.join(self.directory, item)
                    if remdir in self.artworklist:
                      shutil.rmtree( remdir )
                except:
                    pass

I use E:\Artwork\MovieSets\ as my central movie sets artwork folder and it gets wiped when running your script.

If not, I can clone this script and implement it myself. It's just that others can benefit from this Smile

Thanks
Image Image
(2011-09-03, 21:55)ronie Wrote: this a complete re-write of the video fanart splitter script,
with a few extra options added as well.

the addon will copy your music & video fanart and thumbs to separate directories.
skins can use these directories to create a fanart slideshow on the home screen (for instance).

available options:

download: it's available in the addon repo.

let me know if there's any issues :-)

Why is my configuration settings different with this one? HuhHuhHuhHuh
At the risk of sounding like an absolute douche, what purpose does this add-on serve? I understand it copies your fanart, posters etc into the movies'/tv shows' respective folders, but what can you do with that?

Also, won't this result in twice the amount of storage used to save artwork because it duplicates the files?

Just trying to get my head round it.

Thanks Wink
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0