Jerky GUI after resume
I have this problem that the GUI gets very jerky after resume from sleep. Until now I have used XBMCLauncher to exit and restart XBMC upon sleep and resume, which has been working great. However since I moved to a new apartment I now have a second XBMC box in the bedroom which is connected by UPnP to my main XBMC box in the living room where all media is located. When I wake the computer in the bedroom the computer in the living room wakes up as well so I can connect to the media located there. The problem is that when I put the living room computer to sleep I also turn of my AVR and my TV (to save power). When that computer is waked by the signal from bedroom computer and XBMC is launched via XBMCLauncher I got the "Error: Unable to create GUI. Exiting". This seems too happened because there is no signal detected from the screen since the AVR and TV is turned off.

So my question is does someone know about a fix that can either 1) solve the jerkiness or 2) the GUI error upon start of XBMC when the AVR and screen is off?

I have read a lot about the second issue in other threads where there problem have been solved by updating the graphics driver, but this does not help, and the problem does not exist if the AVR and screen is on.

My hardware is an Intel NUC with HD 4400 GPU. I’m at work right now, but I can provide a debug log later today if that might help.

/Marcus
A debug-log (wiki) might be helpful
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
2 - extract the edid of the equipment connected to your htpc, and have windows use that, so it thinks the connected equipment is always on. There is lots of info about this at avsforums. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1091403/edid-override-thread
Thanks, will try it out and report back!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky GUI after resume0