• 131(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
Question 
marcelveldt:

Thank you so much for your wonderful skin!

I have a request to resolve some aesthetic issues.

When the Homescreen Header is configured to "Only show profile", the profile indicator covers up the title of the selected media.

I appreciate being able to know which profile I am currently viewing but would like it to only show when the Homescreen Mainmenu is open.

It would also be nice, if possible, to have this as an option seperate from General Skin Settings > Settings for Header > Configure Settings for Homescreen, so that Clock + Weather is still visable when not viewing the Mainmenu.

Thank you for all your hard work!
(2016-12-04, 01:19)diedrichg Wrote: In a previous thread I had mentioned how much I like the episode info as displayed in Emby. What they have done is to display the show name followed by the episode information UNDER the thumb view. This got me thinking: do we really need to have our widget info overlayed OVER the various widget layouts? Having the overlay hides the artwork. Emby has placed their info below the artwork and it looks GREAT. Could you do this too? I'd really like to see all of the episode artwork and not have it covered up.
P.S. If you could get it to do the complimentary color for the info box, that would be some pure f'ing magic!
If you see fit....

Saw in skinhelper thread that you can show awards: oscars and bafta

Can you add that to footer so it shows png if it won any awards?

(2016-12-06, 20:37)burekas Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 01:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 18:14)burekas Wrote: But this setting is relating for Library and not for Widgets.

No, it's for both library and widgets.
So it doesn't work on widgets.
The enable watched indicator is on.
In libraries I see the eye tag in the corner.
But with widgets not.

I think he's already onto this bug;

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=296276
Hello!

I love Titian! I am using Kodi 16.1 with Netfix widget rows. I would like to be able to pull up the long-press menu from the widget on the main page. Main reason so that I can get the "information" link to come up. This way I can, pull up the trailer, see the cast, plot & so on. Is this possible or anyone else think this would be a good feature or optional feature to turn on? Also this would pull up the menu so that if you have auto-play on, you could manually select the source, add things to trakt all from the main netflix widget rows home screen. As of now long-pressing to pull up this menu only works once you are within an add-on, but I use it a lot for these reasons and would be a nice option to do it from the homes creen.

Let me know. Or if there is already a way to turn this feature on and I have not found it, please let me know that as well

Thank you,
Brian
(2016-12-04, 01:19)diedrichg Wrote: In a previous thread I had mentioned how much I like the episode info as displayed in Emby. What they have done is to display the show name followed by the episode information UNDER the thumb view. This got me thinking: do we really need to have our widget info overlayed OVER the various widget layouts? Having the overlay hides the artwork. Emby has placed their info below the artwork and it looks GREAT. Could you do this too? I'd really like to see all of the episode artwork and not have it covered up.

Once the current version hits stable I will implement a few new features and design touches to the skin. This will bring in some inspiration from the Emby theme ;-)
Your request will definitely be implemented, a little patience please and it will be fixed within a few weeks.
(2016-12-04, 14:06)al2015 Wrote: First, thank you for this awesome skin and its great customization!
I would like to know if it is possible to customize this menu.
watch gallery

I use my logitech harmony and i dont need the first 6-7 buttons in the play-menu and it would be a bit more comfortable for me if i could disable them.
For example the Aeon MQ - skin has an option to customize this menu.
But maybe the line in the code i have to delete would be fine for me.

You mean like a toggle "hide standard playback controls in OSD" ?

Yes, that's something I can implement later this week.
For the time beiing, did you know that there's an option to set the default focused OSD button ?

I use that myself and have it set at the subtitles button for example
It would be great if we could choose a different position for the clearart in the OSD.
The reasoning is that many (I would say most of them) clearart pictures are designed to "stand on top" a bottom border.
In case I fail to explain here is an example:

When such clear art is floating in the top corner this looks kinda wrong so I would love a different position for it e.g. on top of the osd similar like in the Arctic: Zephyr Skin.
A workaround would be to make it an option to choose the clearlogo for the osd instead of just having it as a fallback when no clearart is available.
Thanks for the awesome skin.

My requests would be for a side widget for the home screen like so:

and an option to make OSD even slimmer like so:

(2016-12-19, 01:23)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 14:06)al2015 Wrote: First, thank you for this awesome skin and its great customization!
I would like to know if it is possible to customize this menu.
watch gallery

I use my logitech harmony and i dont need the first 6-7 buttons in the play-menu and it would be a bit more comfortable for me if i could disable them.
For example the Aeon MQ - skin has an option to customize this menu.
But maybe the line in the code i have to delete would be fine for me.

You mean like a toggle "hide standard playback controls in OSD" ?

Yes, that's something I can implement later this week.
For the time beiing, did you know that there's an option to set the default focused OSD button ?

I use that myself and have it set at the subtitles button for example

Yes a hiding option would be great! Maybe a menu in skin settings (OSD) where you can select each button and activate/deactivate them. Like the menu for video info in library view.
Or is it to much effort? Because there would be two menu due to tv and movie OSD etc.

Thanks for your advice! I didnt recognize it! May you could create two small menu for the buttons and there you can also set the focus, so you could integrate the old option for focus setting? Just a suggestion Smile
Greetings Marcel,

I've been perusing your python code for handling the selection and rotation of backgrounds for the skin. My motivation was driven by the perception that the fanart images were re-occurring far too often for a random sequence of all available movies/tv shows. This is of course for the home screen where I expect the greatest variety. On screens for 'items in progress', 'unwatched items' and individual movies or tv shows I expect the natural limitations of the selection (e.g max 50 'unwatched' items) or the number of available fanart images for a specific movie or tv show.

I see (I think) that the general mechanism is to select (up to) 50 fanart images for each 'type' of background. These images appear to be only collected when Kodi starts (specifically when the background helper service starts). Subsequently, every (configurable) background image cycle, an image from the pre-selected list (max 50) is selected at random ('random.choice <list>').

I think the issue that motivated me to 'have a look under the hood' is due to two factors and I'm wondering (read hoping) if you would consider some improvements.

1) Could the currently hard coded (in quite a few places) limit of 50 images be replaced with a configurable setting? I understand that 50 images may be a very reasonable starting point for 'general' use on many platforms. However, for those of us with powerful HTPC platforms dedicated to Kodi, I'm hoping that a much larger number (possibly unlimited) would be feasible. I'm thinking options of 50 (default), 100, 200, unlimited might be nice.

2) Most default (in this case python) random number generators are quite terrible. Even in the current set of 50 fanart images, I see repeats that just should not happen that often. I blame the random number generator. One suggestion would be to code up a much better random number generator and use that one instead. However, I'd like to suggest, rather than using a random selection of the 50 (or optionally larger) images in the list, that you use a shuffle followed by a sequential loop repeating (possibly after another shuffle) after the last item in the list. I think this approach would provide a much more satisfying background image sequence. You could ask the use to optionally select 'random' or 'shuffle' image selection for the background image rotation.

Finally, if you hate the idea of setting up a list of more than 50 images, perhaps an other approach would be to periodically refresh the set of 50 images. The refresh time could be based on a multiple of the configurable cycle time -- say 100 x 'cycle time', which would, for a nice uniform random number generator, show each image twice and then select another set of 50. I know the set gets selected when Kodi starts and for some users who start Kodi often, they would never really need this feature. However, I tend to leave Kodi running 24x7 and it only gets restarted when it crashes or I install a windows update ;-).

Thanks for your consideration -- and of course for this great skin and all the hard work you have put into it.

Cheers!
#2 sounds like a great idea
I use the "Use Submenu Items" as my widgets. Consequently, I am left with the info line showing no information available. I'd like to make a few suggestions.
1) Provide a "Info Line" option per submenu item
2) Provide a toggle to hide or show the info lines in widgets. This would then allow the ability to hide/show the title bar in each widget item while still being able to see what you are mousing over.

Thanks, Marcel!
Hello,

Could support be added for PlexKodiConnect, as it is for Emby?

thx
Hey marcelveldt...

1.Can you inform me on which xml's and which lines to edit in order to add more than 4 widgets to home menu.

2. Can you add a search function similar to the estuary skins with the options to search Themvdb, youtube, library etc or inform me on how to add myself...thank you.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4