Helix keyboard dialog questions?
Question 
Hi guys,

Just going thru my skin to update it for Helix release and I have a few questions regarding Helix keyboards I hope someone can answer for me.

1. When I freshly installed Beta 1 there was no default keyboard set by Kodi. Is this the way Kodi will ship or is it planned to have a default keyboard type?
  2. Button id 309 shows the current keyboard type but does not appear to do anything when clicked. Is there anything planned for this button or is it going to change to a label instead?
  3. Is there anyway that I can code a button on this screen to bring up a selection dialog for the keyboard types? Failing that is there a way to send the user off to the Appearance settings menu so that they can select a keyboard type?

Cheers
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
1. There should be a default keyboard set. This was a bug in some nightly version before beta1 but that should have been fixed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
2. It cycles through the ones you select in appearance settings.

3. ActivateWindowAndFocus(id1, id2,item1, id3,item2)?
3. <onclick>ActivateWindowAndFocus(appearancesettings, -99,0)</onclick>
(2014-11-10, 10:04)Hitcher Wrote: 2. It cycles through the ones you select in appearance settings.
Hitcher, yes you are correct, just had a play with that and that is exactly what it does. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Quote:3. ActivateWindowAndFocus(id1, id2,item1, id3,item2)?
And nessus gave the exact onclick I needed, thank you for that. This was for if there was no default supplied (thanks for your heads up Martijn, but would still appear to not be fixed in Windows build of Beta 1), I was going to offer the user the choice to select a keyboard or bail. Guess I should not need that after all.

Also I will have to think how I handle button 309. Seems redundant to show the name of the keyboard (should be obvious from whats showing on the keyboard anyway), but button is still required for the change. Might try just an image and see how I feel about it after playing with it a bit.

As always, Thanks for the help guys.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix keyboard dialog questions?0