• 2(current)
Can we get this -175ms delay fixed in windows once and for all for 24p content
Hi all

Ok did some testing using Kodi 14 Beta 3 and here are the results

playing a movie with no audio delay and desktop set to 60hz and kodi set to match tv to video refresh which is 24hz. if you look at the bar and then at the bottom of the picture you will see a audio sample and if you notice a white line it is right in front of the audio as it happens. you can see bu the audio sample and white bar its not in sync

as you can see the audio is very late on 24hz and playing back DTS\AC3 5.1\7.1 material.

putting the desktop into 24hz also has the same effect, no change still the audio sync problem.

Now putting a delay of -185 gets the audio spot on and has no problems and perfect sync for DTS\AC3 5.1\7.1 material. now tha sample and white bar is inline with each other and is perfect sync.

I have been watching movies for a couple of years using -175 and that was by sight and sound using my ears. it looks like I was not to far off as using a device to cheack the audio seems to put it about -180 to -185

what next ?

cheers
Interesting test thing....can you tell us more about that?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@meridius what happens if you disable passthrough on the same system?
(2014-11-22, 17:18)meridius Wrote: Hi all

Ok did some testing using Kodi 14 Beta 3 and here are the results

playing a movie with no audio delay and desktop set to 60hz and kodi set to match tv to video refresh which is 24hz. if you look at the bar and then at the bottom of the picture you will see a audio sample and if you notice a white line it is right in front of the audio as it happens. you can see bu the audio sample and white bar its not in sync

cheers

Where can i get that Testfile?
(2014-11-23, 09:37)FernetMenta Wrote: @meridius what happens if you disable passthrough on the same system?

Ok some more tests

tried

passthrough OFF
Output Device:
Direct Sound :AMD HDMI
Direct Sound: default
WASAPI: WASAPI AMD HDMI
WASAPI: default

passthrought ON
Direct Sound :AMD HDMI
Direct Sound: default
WASAPI: WASAPI AMD HDMI
WASAPI: default

all still out of sync by the same, also tried 7.1 and 2.0 on all above.

I also tried some other things and found out this.

setting the options to use 60hz for all videos and not the 24hz option its in sync well just ever so slightly out but not so that you would ever notice

when I enable the 24hz and disable (allow hardware Acceleration DXVA2 I get a -50hz delay much better and not to far off been in sync

no sync correction

with sync correction

strange one that. so turning off hardware accel DXVA 2 helps and improves it by a lower audio sync but still needs a -50ms sync to correct it but as I need DXVA2 that does not help me but it might help you in thinking what this is
(2014-11-22, 23:25)bossanova808 Wrote: Interesting test thing....can you tell us more about that?

I use a test file that I downloaded which are in 24hz and have DTS and AC3 audios and another in stereo. I use a ipad and imovie to record the test sample and then I place the white line right on the peak of the audio blip which is a test tone and then look at where the white bar is to determine how much out of sync it is and adjust the audio to match

(2014-11-23, 12:43)Pietar Wrote: [

Where can i get that Testfile?
[/quote]

ill try and find where I got it from but I have had the test files for years.
(2014-11-23, 12:43)Pietar Wrote: Where can i get that Testfile?

+1
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
@meridius interesting. could you please do another test: remove the AVR and connect the Kodi box directly to the TV set.
Will do but its going to be the weekend again as I am back to work.

To others will get back to u on the test samples if not is there a none join place I can upload them.

Cheers
similar test clips can be found here: https://gitorious.org/cpu/cpu/source/cea...:testclips
(2014-11-24, 19:49)FernetMenta Wrote: similar test clips can be found here: https://gitorious.org/cpu/cpu/source/cea...:testclips

These are 25p files i think , @meridius can you upload the 24p testfile?
I will help if i can.

cheers
(2014-11-24, 19:34)meridius Wrote: Will do but its going to be the weekend again as I am back to work.

To others will get back to u on the test samples if not is there a none join place I can upload them.

Cheers

that will be very appreciated, since i couldn't find any 23.976 pattern with ac3 and dts tracks.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
I can share the samples but need a none joinable service as I don't want to join somthing just for two samples.
I have a similar file at 24p

1080p 23.976fps AAC and AC3

(2014-11-26, 09:25)meridius Wrote: I can share the samples but need a none joinable service as I don't want to join somthing just for two samples.

Sent me a PM if you want, I can host the file.
Yep I have that test sample to. But it's in Dolby 2.0 I think. I will pm you later for the uploads.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we get this -175ms delay fixed in windows once and for all for 24p content0