Win Old timer
Just wondering if I could get a little help from all the techie's in the forum. I just purchased a new small laptop and wish to apply xbmc. not to tech savie, just wondering if there was some help for the old retired gent. I would like to apply xbmc and learn how to apply all the addon's. The laptop has win 8. I have my net cable available...HDMI cable rdy...I have cut my cable TV service but still have my WiFi...I was told that I could watch movies,TV shows and a few other things...Any help would be appreciated. I will likely be back to get some help.

Thanks,
Bryan
http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Predicting your next question and answer by providing these links.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=119117

As my guess is whoever tipped you probably uses banned addons.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

[EDIT]: Better answer might be that Kodi doesn't provide content.

You either create or download content yourself, or use add-ons.
Before we put the horse before the cart, download Kodi RC1 and let's see if it even loads up. A lot of these laptops lack the horsepower especially in the gfx department.
*message removed for being pretty much entirely about piracy*

(2014-12-03, 23:24)PatK Wrote: Before we put the horse before the cart, download Kodi RC1 and let's see if it even loads up. A lot of these laptops lack the horsepower especially in the gfx department.

You could be right...lack of Horse Power, I'm using a small laptop on my TV for xbmc, perhaps why 1Channel will not work.
Hey, I just want to let you know that almost everything you just asked about was piracy related, which we have a pretty strong no tolerance policy about here. Simply put, if there's an addon that lets you watch content provided by somebody other than whoever has the right to provide it, you probably shouldn't ask about it here.
(2014-12-03, 23:29)natethomas Wrote: Hey, I just want to let you know that almost everything you just asked about was piracy related, which we have a pretty strong no tolerance policy about here. Simply put, if there's an addon that lets you watch content provided by somebody other than whoever has the right to provide it, you probably shouldn't ask about it here.

Thank-You
(2014-12-03, 23:29)natethomas Wrote: Hey, I just want to let you know that almost everything you just asked about was piracy related, which we have a pretty strong no tolerance policy about here. Simply put, if there's an addon that lets you watch content provided by somebody other than whoever has the right to provide it, you probably shouldn't ask about it here.

Well, technically the BBC iPlayer add-on does go against the BBC Terms of Use, technically.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
That's ok as it streams direct the BBC's servers and obeys the geo-location restrictions, if however it was using a 3rd party server to break to geo-location restrictions or breaking DRM in someway then it wouldn't be ok.
(2014-12-04, 00:19)Piers Wrote:

Well, technically the BBC iPlayer add-on does go against the BBC Terms of Use, technically.

I'd personally be even more lenient that jjd. The BBC iPlayer streams content that comes from the BBC servers that have been placed online. Even if geo-location restrictions were circumvented, I'd have no real problem with the addon being discussed here. DRM being broken would be more hazy, but to my knowledge we don't have any kind of official rule on the subject.

Our chief, possibly only, concern is content that is being hosted by somebody other than the copyright holder. That's pretty clear piracy. Violation of TOS or TOU is, at worst, the breaking of a contract and a far less significant deal.
(2014-12-04, 01:12)natethomas Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 00:19)Piers Wrote:

I'd personally be even more lenient that jjd. The BBC iPlayer streams content that comes from the BBC servers that have been placed online. Even if geo-location restrictions were circumvented, I'd have no real problem with the addon being discussed here. DRM being broken would be more hazy, but to my knowledge we don't have any kind of official rule on the subject.

Our chief, possibly only, concern is content that is being hosted by somebody other than the copyright holder. That's pretty clear piracy. Violation of TOS or TOU is, at worst, the breaking of a contract and a far less significant deal.

I was nitpicking, the BBC doesn't use DRM as the BBC Charter doesn't allow it, whilst it does say in the T&Cs that a user may only use the official BBC applications to view programmes. However, a test case in court for a linux user a while ago sort of meant that it's generally ignored.

Although, again technically, it's still against the Terms of Use. Particularly these:

Quote:2.1 You can use BBC iPlayer and the BBC iPlayer Download Application for personal use provided you comply with the Terms of Use for personal use and these Additional Terms.

2.3 You may use BBC iPlayer to access, download, view and/or listen to BBC Content as made available by the BBC on BBC iPlayer on a compatible device.

2.7 BBC Content as made available by the BBC on BBC iPlayer or through the BBC iPlayer Download Application must always be displayed using BBC iPlayer or the BBC iPlayer Download Application respectively.

2.9 You do not have the right to use any BBC Content or BBC mark/logo on your device or elsewhere except as provided on BBC iPlayer or through the BBC iPlayer Download Application.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Old timer0