Questions on skinning
I'm a long time user of Kodi and XBMC and greatly enjoy trying different skins. Is there a guide for noobs to begin trying their hand at skinning? Do you have to have programming experience and/or know some type of programming language for Kodi? I would like to start trying my own skinning but I haven't written a computer program since my Commodore Amiga. ;-)

EDIT: I should have looked at the pinned posts. Looks like there is a great guide to get me going.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
It's not rocket science. There is nothing that anyone can't learn. Just get your hands dirty by starting with the small simple stuff to get familiar with the logic of the code and you will get there. Also keep in mind that before you do anyhting, arm yourself with a lot, a lot, a lot... of patience, because as very correctly someone told me some years ago (do you remember Ronie ?)... "XBMC skinning is time consuming... time consuming and... time consuming".

Like i say, is not a rocket science and of course whenever you stack, there will always be someone here to help you.

Cheers
Nessus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions on skinning0