• 4(current)
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions
(2015-01-22, 08:01)Piers Wrote: Option to disable weather added due to numerous requests.

I've remade the Settings area - it should now 'fit in' and provide useful information.

Nice work mate! Keep it up ...
Further update:

Home
Search - staying as is.
Home - Changes as per screenshot
Movies - Changes as per screenshot
TV - Changes as per screenshot (two tiles removed, same layout as Movies)
Music - Changes as per screenshot (additional two tiles)
Applications - Changes as per screenshot (additional two tiles)
Weather - Changes as per screenshot - Far prettier and more asthetically pleasing 'standard' view - enabled when you don't have Weather Fanart set up
System - Changes as per screenshot - Additional System Information on the side with current CPU, Free RAM, Movie count, Episode Count & Track count
Live TV - Still considering options... it needs something but I'm not entirely sure what would be suitable.

Fanart view
This has been changed to fit in further with skin flow.

See screenshots below for various views. I can't update the main thread due to the six image limit per post placed by staff.

Applications (this is NOT the same width as the rest. However, I've added two extra tiles with Skin control and direct tile control.

Settings - default textures

Settings - xperience1080 textures

Reviewed Fanart Viewtype - default textures

Reviewed Fanart Viewtype - xperience1080 textures

As previously mentioned, an additional texture pack is a possibility. It will be a mixture of the two current versions. The current default will stay as the default, however.

Feedback is always valued.

(Sorry for the bold characters) Would you like to have the tiles relating to Movies, TV and Music the same colour as the parent (this means all Movie tiles will be blue, all TV tiles will be green and all Music tiles will be orange)?

(2015-01-22, 11:49)butchabay Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 08:01)Piers Wrote: Option to disable weather added due to numerous requests.

I've remade the Settings area - it should now 'fit in' and provide useful information.

Nice work mate! Keep it up ...

Thank you! Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-01-20, 23:04)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 22:29)Vlaves Wrote: Hi Piers,

I like your work a lot. These new additions look great. Smile Thanks for that.

Could the right three Items be replaced with File Manager and Systeminformation rather then keeping them the power menu?
I find those entries quite displaced there in the power menu, but maybe that's just me. Thanks again for that great skin and your work Smile

Can you provide an example of what you're requesting? I'm open to ideas if it has a functional use.

Here are some (I know, really bad) Mockups what I ment:

The UserPicture/Kodi-logo Item should in multi user environment be a button to present the "log-off-entries" and maybe "profile-settings"
The Eject-Disk Menuitem should appear between power button and favourites button if there is a disk present or maybe if choosen to always be displayed in skin settings.

In the Power Menu, all those entries should go out. They have nothing to do with something related to power.

It should be cleaner then, I guess.

Hope it will be possible to incorporate that into your skin as well as a picture section Smile

Thanks again for all your hard work and that great skin Smile

Regards
Vlaves
Love all the changes! I think this makes the skin flow so much better. Really liking the wider width and settings menu.

(2015-01-22, 12:04)Piers Wrote: Live TV - Still considering options... it needs something but I'm not entirely sure what would be suitable.
Not sure on any other Live TV changes, but please consider making the EPG screen full width on the screen, similar to what jurialmunkey did in Eminence. The wasted space on the LH side, and the off-center look of the EPG makes me cringe every time.

(2015-01-22, 12:04)Piers Wrote: Would you like to have the tiles relating to Movies, TV and Music the same colour as the parent (this means all Movie tiles will be blue, all TV tiles will be green and all Music tiles will be orange)?
My opinion would be to have all the tiles the same color. I'm partial to the greyish black with an option to change to colored, but all the same color (blue, green, etc.) would be nice too.

(2015-01-22, 12:04)Piers Wrote: Option to disable weather added due to numerous requests.
Thank you. I didn't request it, but I wanted it gone too.
(2015-01-22, 12:04)Piers Wrote: (Sorry for the bold characters) Would you like to have the tiles relating to Movies, TV and Music the same colour as the parent (this means all Movie tiles will be blue, all TV tiles will be green and all Music tiles will be orange)?

Definite yes from me Smile Not a fan of how the left icons are grey and right icons coloured.

Also, my love to have features, if possible:

- Have page up / page down scroll through the sections on the home. Would make getting around much quicker (this is how Xbox do it using the left/right triggers).

- Customisable sub menus (I think this has been requested before by others)

- Finally (although probably I am the only one who wants this :p) customisable icons for the settings section. I find it weird how the icons on the home screen are repeated again when you click on settings. I know now we will have the stats on the home screen, but would be nice to put my own custom links/actions in the slots (like direct access to Android Manage Apps or Android Network Settings). I currently do it manually so not a massive issue.

Awesome work Piers, as always. Can't wait to test it.
(2015-01-22, 17:34)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 12:04)Piers Wrote: (Sorry for the bold characters) Would you like to have the tiles relating to Movies, TV and Music the same colour as the parent (this means all Movie tiles will be blue, all TV tiles will be green and all Music tiles will be orange)?

Definite yes from me Smile Not a fan of how the left icons are grey and right icons coloured.

+1

Man that skin is getting better and better every day. Keep it up dude!
(2015-01-22, 12:04)Piers Wrote: Would you like to have the tiles relating to Movies, TV and Music the same colour as the parent (this means all Movie tiles will be blue, all TV tiles will be green and all Music tiles will be orange)?

Greetings Piers! I just tried the github v3.44.00 and really like the additional changes to the home screens, excellent job.

Fully colored tiles would be a welcome change and also very useful, especially for users that use the color-buttons on their remotes. Nearly all remote controls have “RED,BLUE,YELLOW and GREEN” buttons and can be mapped to enter a section. For example Blue=Movies, Yellow=Music etc. And by having all the tiles in the same color for a Home section would clearly let the guest-users to associate each color with a section and can enter that section from anywhere in Kodi instead of always going back to the home screen for a section-change.

The Main two Home screen tiles should also be coloured to visually match the rest in my opinion. Red would defenitley suit the “Home screen” and also draw more attention to that section as well as matching the remote color codes (since the Red button is usually always the first button on the remote from the left) and a perfect match for the first Kodi screen.

Best regards and keep up the good work.
PS. Additional inputs:

Home Screen: * Could you please add possibility for the users the change the “On Going TV Shows” widget in the main home-screen to for example “New Movies” Posters or other movie related widgets? That would indeed be great, especially for the users without any TV Shows on their system. Currently it just displays a blank widget and cannot be changed to a custom playlist either due the current smart-playlist bugs.
I vote yes too on all tiles being colored. Not entirely sure about red home screen tiles though..

Quote:Man that skin is getting better and better every day. Keep it up dude!

I agree! Don't forget to show your appreciation guys:
Mockup home screen test:

Red looks lovely Smile

image:
(2015-01-21, 17:09)Piers Wrote:

The "Upcoming Movies" widget ist still wip right? Or is there an addon you need for that?
Some nice changes in the works.

Have you decided whether or not you are going to support the VideoExtras addon?

Also, I agree with all the tiles having the same color as the parent. Or, at least have an option to do so.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Quote:Would you like to have the tiles relating to Movies, TV and Music the same colour as the parent (this means all Movie tiles will be blue, all TV tiles will be green and all Music tiles will be orange)?

Yes, but warm and smooth colors not gaudyBig Grin
OK, going from the above posts, the changes will be:

[default = default textures, both = default + xperience1080 textures]

1) New colour shades for Home, Movie, TV Show and Music (default)
2) All tiles within each section to have the 'parent' colour (both)
3) Coloured home tiles (both)
4) Power menu control - changes to the ordering (so exit is first - all items to remain there, however).
5) Live TV - this is still under consideration, I'm reading all the suggestions and comments but either not keen on some or don't see a practical or aesthetic use. There will be changes, however.

There will not be an option to disable this feature, the options menu should be as small as possible otherwise the skin gets very cluttered, very quickly.

Just a warning, if you use the git version expect things to not work! It may or not be stable, I keep it updated for obvious reasons but I won't offer support until that version is the official version.

Parts to be fixed (probably not in next version, although possibly)
- Favourites shortcut not selectable when RSS enabled
- Spotlight playlist not working
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
You can do something with rss home? looks horrible
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Helix) 1080XF 3.50.x New Additions2