Action ID: SwitchPlayer (not working?)
Hi,

I'm the dev. of the YouTube addon (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735) and I'm trying to replicate the behavior of the 'Play using...' button for external players of the default context menu.

I replaced the context menu, because the context menu is full with stuff the users don't wanted, sub-menus aren't supported and because of that the 'Play using...' (logically Wink ) is missing.

I've added an external player in my playcorefactorey.xml to see if I'm doing things right so far. I see the player using the default context menu but it's not working if I add my own menu entry with:

Code:
('Play with...', 'Action(SwitchPlayer)')

The context menu just closes. Is this even possible?
There's a 'playwith' builtin that is used to specify the player and fire up the playback. At least from a brief look at the code .. See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....cpp#L1065
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ahhh Wink so I have to use?

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("PlayWith('plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/video_id=[VID]')")

Update:
Ahh no...I need to know the core?....Confused this doesn't help. But thanks for the info.
Nope. I think you need to create a new playlist first. then 'xbmc.executebuiltin("playwith(<extplayername>)". Python stuff is not really my department, sorry Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I think I have to provide an advanced setting so the user can decide to use the default context menu or the replaced one.

I have no interest in re-inventing the wheel for methods internally already exists Wink

I thought I can use the Action ID, because this ID seems to work for skins and JSON-RPC.
Ah. Totally misread the switchplayer thingy. Will check why that action does nothing and keep you posted.

EDIT: Could you provide a dummy to make it easier for me to test?
Thanks Smile

would it help if you use the last YouTube beta6 from Git? The routine is in there Smile otherwise I have to create a dummy after work Smile

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y.../v5.0.4-b6
Jep, that should work. Thanks.
(2015-01-15, 10:59)bromix Wrote: I thought I can use the Action ID, because this ID seems to work for skins and JSON-RPC.

I couldn't find this being used in the skins I checked. Could you give an example?

My first guess would be that this Action only works on items that the players can play - for instance local media or a web url. Since your items probably have a 'plugin://...' for the playable URL, the Action fails because there is nothing it can handle. This is just a guess Smile
(2015-01-15, 21:15)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 10:59)bromix Wrote: I thought I can use the Action ID, because this ID seems to work for skins and JSON-RPC.

I couldn't find this being used in the skins I checked. Could you give an example?

My first guess would be that this Action only works on items that the players can play - for instance local media or a web url. Since your items probably have a 'plugin://...' for the playable URL, the Action fails because there is nothing it can handle. This is just a guess Smile

Maybe I'm wrong: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=188339

The rule is okay...I already tested it with the default context menu and the player was displayed. So the rule is working. I thought (based on this http://kodi.wiki/view/Action_IDs) if I add a menu item (if needed) the normal behavior of the 'Play using' would be accomplished (Like Queuing the current item works). But instead the button does nothing - not even a error or warning in the debug log.
From a brief look there's a problem with GetRemotePlayers and the actual item handling. Will check in detail later.
(2015-01-16, 09:16)mkortstiege Wrote: From a brief look there's a problem with GetRemotePlayers and the actual item handling. Will check in detail later.

I can wait...and thanks for the effort Smile I hope this will work Wink
(2015-01-16, 09:16)mkortstiege Wrote: From a brief look there's a problem with GetRemotePlayers and the actual item handling. Will check in detail later.

Not to annoy you Wink but any issue I can follow on this?
FYI, PR @ https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6212. Will have to re-do it properly but had no time to look at it again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Action ID: SwitchPlayer (not working?)0