Poll: What's most important?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clean Interface (little 'clutter')
37.27%
View types (List, Banner etc)
25.45%
Customisation (Colours etc)
20.91%
Integration with other add-ons (explain)
7.27%
Additional themes
6.36%
None of the above, leave the skin just as it is!
2.73%
Total
110 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

What's most important to you?
(2015-02-17, 19:06)Skank Wrote: * Right list view like in mq5
* cinema experience addon support
* trakt support
* able to customize widgets
* extended info addon support
* "liveness" to a skin

I´d stick to mq5 then Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
* trakt support
* "liveness" to a skin

1) No idea what that looks like.
2) Possibly.
3) Already has skin integration (from next version onwards) - what else do you want it to do?
4) You can already do so
5) ...
6) What does that actually mean?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-18, 01:13)Piers Wrote:
* trakt support
* "liveness" to a skin

2) Possibly.
3) Already has skin integration (from next version onwards) - what else do you want it to do?
4) You can already do so
5) ...

1)

+ the wall view from MQ5 with changeable size of covers, those 2 views i really love!

6) with more liveness, i mean less static...
perhaps more customization of the widgets..

oh yeah, the ability to use media cases in wall view and other views.. would rock too
(2015-01-30, 16:18)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 12:10)mkortstiege Wrote: Clean interface more than anything else. No distractions from too much addon integrations, flags, extra-art etc. If there are great addons - like eg. metadata actors - they have to be integrated nicely into the skin. Btw, addon downloader and metadata actors are integrated as if they belong to it.

Last but not least, list view has to be awesome since managing large libraries with banners, posters or fanart based viewmodes is a huge mess (for me).

Totally +1 on this. Little is more. I'm just trying to get a 'feel' for what people would like, this poll is probably useful for other skinners also.

I should point out that this skin is not going to turn into something it's not meant to be - it's not going to have a 1000 viewtypes with 25 home screen options.

Yep Big Grin Saw the poll and couldn't help looking - Interesting about the "clean interface" being the current leader
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2015-01-31, 17:44)Piers Wrote: So far, what I'm taking from the results is that the majority want little changed apart from the ability to change tile colours and possibly some tweaking to the views. Would that be correct?

My vote is strictly on a clean interface.

This statement rings true for me. I only just discovered the world of Kodi in December and after trying various skins this is the only one I actually liked. My wife enjoys the way it is looks as well.

I would like to edit the colours of the tiles and I would like the option to remove tiles in Applications. There are too many tiles and "+" signs(I don't have a lot of program add-ons yet) and it doesn't flow the same way as Home, Movies,and TV Shows does. Sub-Menu customization would follow along the same path of simplicity for me. I would love to remove options in Movies and TV shows for things like "Actors" to remove that clutter.

I noticed you might take away the system information section of the system settings and I think that would look great and go great with the clean interface pursuit.

If these things are easy to do already I apologize as I am still new as noted above, but I haven't been able to easily find a way to do those things yet.

Anyways, great work and I love the skin! I can't wait to see what's next.
(2015-02-19, 16:14)The0ry Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 17:44)Piers Wrote: So far, what I'm taking from the results is that the majority want little changed apart from the ability to change tile colours and possibly some tweaking to the views. Would that be correct?

This statement rings true for me. I only just discovered the world of Kodi in December and after trying various skins this is the only one I actually liked. My wife enjoys the way it is looks as well.

I would like to edit the colours of the tiles and I would like the option to remove tiles in Applications. There are too many tiles and "+" signs(I don't have a lot of program add-ons yet) and it doesn't flow the same way as Home, Movies,and TV Shows does. Sub-Menu customization would follow along the same path of simplicity for me. I would love to remove options in Movies and TV shows for things like "Actors" to remove that clutter.

I noticed you might take away the system information section of the system settings and I think that would look great and go great with the clean interface pursuit.

If these things are easy to do already I apologize as I am still new as noted above, but I haven't been able to easily find a way to do those things yet.

If its just the + sign that's annoying you you can remove it to look like this

It's line 4196 in the Includes_Home.xml

Just remove the "windows/home/icons/addtile.png" you dont have to add anything in your take that out

And if you focus on the tile again it will just show the + sign then
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll be able to clean it up a bit just with that!

The new version has nearly 300 fixes/changes. It's in testing but I think all will be pleased. I've reduced the width of the Home area slightly and removed clutter.

(2015-02-19, 19:58)komplex Wrote:

If its just the + sign that's annoying you you can remove it to look like this

It's line 4196 in the Includes_Home.xml

Just remove the "windows/home/icons/addtile.png" you dont have to add anything in your take that out

And if you focus on the tile again it will just show the + sign then

You can also add any type of add-on, whether it's application, video, tv or music.

(2015-02-19, 13:04)Skank Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 01:13)Piers Wrote:
* trakt support
* "liveness" to a skin

2) Possibly.
4) You can already do so
5) ...

1)

+ the wall view from MQ5 with changeable size of covers, those 2 views i really love!

6) with more liveness, i mean less static...
perhaps more customization of the widgets..

oh yeah, the ability to use media cases in wall view and other views.. would rock too

Piers, any thoughts on this? And if you gonna add support for cinema experience addon?
Honestly the only three things I can think of that I have found myself wanting when using this skin are

1. The ability to disable watched/unwatched flags.

2. A landscape poster view for advanced launcher which uses thumbnails for game boxes (for covers with landscape aspect ratios like SNES).

3. Custom home menu entries, or if that can't be done, a games option in the top Home Menu rather than a widget under applications.
So in short.
For me:
1) add 2 more views: right list view(really awsome, im sure you can have. It from author) and wall view with sizeable covers (small medium and large)
2) cinema experience addon support
3) use of media cases (on or off) for covers
4) when use of osd during movie, for ex when you want to press stop, pause, forward.. Have a nice cover of the movie playing , cause you only have the buttons
(2015-02-20, 22:25)Skank Wrote: So in short.
For me:
1) add 2 more views: right list view(really awsome, im sure you can have. It from author) and wall view with sizeable covers (small medium and large)
2) cinema experience addon support
3) use of media cases (on or off) for covers
4) when use of osd during movie, for ex when you want to press stop, pause, forward.. Have a nice cover of the movie playing , cause you only have the buttons

1) "It from author" = ? / No wall view
2) There is limited support, what else would you like it to do?
3) Never going to happen, I used Media Browser for years before XBMC/Kodi and that's one feature I hated.
4) Nope.

1) the right list if you ask from marcos (aeon skin) he got it too from author to use.
Why no wall view?
2) there is limited? What cant be done then?.. Why not full support?
3) why not? If you could toggle it on/off then everybody is happy if you can chose.
4) again why not? Its nice to see, know what you are looking if someone asks to.
(2015-02-20, 23:08)Skank Wrote: 1) the right list if you ask from marcos (aeon skin) he got it too from author to use.
Why no wall view?
2) there is limited? What cant be done then?.. Why not full support?
3) why not? If you could toggle it on/off then everybody is happy if you can chose.
4) again why not? Its nice to see, know what you are looking if someone asks to.

1) I know where the list view type is from, it's not going in the skin. You can use the MB3 mod if you wish to have more view types.
2) What do you want it to do? Give some examples please.
3) I've already explained it
4) Not everyone shares your view. It's not nice to see, it's annoying. I added a simple pause image and multiple people asked for it to be removed because they wanted to see more behind the pause screen.

If you'd like to add any of the above features to the skin, send a request over.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's most important to you?1