selling kodi any others mad about it
If the Kodi repository becomes the gatekeeper of add-ons, they become the legal target if one of the 'so-called-legit' add-ons have issue with re-casting. In most cases, unless specifically allowed, web sites prohibit re-casting. They want you to visit (sometimes to register) their web page and be bombarded with click through, ads, and data collection techniques. Now I can see some re-casting of some sites would jump at the chance for larger exposure in an add-on, after all in a perfect world who wouldn't want the most views possible, it's like creating a super antenna in the analog world. (but few add-ons if any get written permission to re-cast) But we live in a world of rules and control, and where there is millions of eyeballs, there is a lot of m-o-n-e-y mixed with a lot of selfish elites who would need to exercise their grasp on creative content they think they own.

Personally I love add-ons, but they are a slippery slope and I would rather do without, if it meant sacrificing Kodi. Here's a little Canadian perspective from Michael Geist on Streaming and how Canadian law views online streaming video. a good read that didn't get published in the local media.
Pissed off, too...
I guess the biggest problem is the support for stuff that has been promoted with the product and if the addon is not supported anymore the "customers" flood the forum

For those who can read German, I wrote a blog article about this a few months ago:
http://myxbmc.bplaced.net/blog/?p=3263
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Number one skin request I get... -- "Can you remove the background dim overlay behind the onscreen keyboard // move the keyboard position because it obscures the captchas for such and such illegal streaming addon"
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-03-11, 12:49)mad-max Wrote: Pissed off, too...
I guess the biggest problem is the support for stuff that has been promoted with the product and if the addon is not supported anymore the "customers" flood the forum

For those who can read German, I wrote a blog article about this a few months ago:
http://myxbmc.bplaced.net/blog/?p=3263

I got invited to one of these so called MLM Phone calls from a new friend of mine. He called me on my cell and said he had such and such on the phone(upper marketing folks and big leaders) and did I have time to talk. Wanting to know more about this c%!p I said sure. They ended up getting 4 other people on the phone for me to speak with and they where actually trying to get me to come into their group as I knew about Kodi setup and made my own boxes. My point is one of the things they brought up was the fact that they will have email, chat and phone support for these boxes they sell. And as far as they are concerned is they don't have any competition in the market of the box. I'm not sure how they are going to support some of the 3rd party add-on's but seem to be very confident that they can resolve any issue. So whether or not we will see a flood of new folks or not is up in the air. But frankly I don't trust the 3rd party add-on's and like good quality audio and video I have enjoyed my local shares and Plex streaming for a long time now. I cut the cord a long time ago and threw up an Antenna. 58 Channels of locals is fine for me.
Just saw two booths at the Ohio State Fair selling boxes running Kodi. They were even giving demos on how to access TV shows and HBO. Shameful. I'm amazed they get away with it.
And you made a note of their company names?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-08-03, 12:04)Memphiz Wrote: And you made a note of their company names?

I did not as I was not aware of this thread I'll likely be back and will grab more details.
I detest people who do things with Kodi that reflect poorly on the rest of us! That said, I'm okay with the idea of selling the work of putting a system together and installing Kodi. Selling digital copies of media already on the device should only be possible with a vendor's license to do so (like Amazon, Vudu, and Netflix have). If the media was pirated, they should go to jail, period.
Having the ability for consumers to have an appliance-like experience with Kodi is great to me. (In fact, when building HTPCs for family, this is what I strive to do for them, which is why Openelec is great.)
Personally, Kodi should sell official vending licenses to people after reviewing their products. It could provide funds for the project, give those vendors a leg-up over pirates with a Kodi seal of approval (Look into the HUGE impact the Nintendo seal of approval had on videogames as a whole), and would improve overall public exposure to how awesome Kodi is! People will buy the machines and find out about Kodi and then install it on their other computers.
(2015-03-09, 21:26)nert Wrote: Why are people charging huge amount of money for devices with kodi installed. I have gotten in a few discussions with people selling stuff. Is anyone other than me get mad about this. any time I see some one selling it and I have a chance to comment I inform the potential dup that kodi is a free open source program and send them here. Is there anything that can be?
Helo brother if you have the same program for free can you send me by email..here is my email

[email protected] i´m ready to pay..because mine has been crashed

Thanks for your help

Salim
(2015-08-18, 18:40)saalimoow Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 21:26)nert Wrote: Why are people charging huge amount of money for devices with kodi installed. I have gotten in a few discussions with people selling stuff. Is anyone other than me get mad about this. any time I see some one selling it and I have a chance to comment I inform the potential dup that kodi is a free open source program and send them here. Is there anything that can be?
Helo brother if you have the same program for free can you send me by email..here is my email

[email protected] i´m ready to pay..because mine has been crashed

Thanks for your help

Salim
Salim,

I think you're really missing the point here. Kodi is free. You don't need someone to email it to you (and you may want to remove your email from your post) you can download it here: http://kodi.tv/download/

If yours has crashed then you need to post details of the errors and a Debug Log (wiki) so people can help you (not in this thread please).

However, please be aware, if the problem is with addons that contravene the forum's piracy policy then you won't get any support here.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Does Kodi support the "Beast" add on?
I'm mad because I couldn't allow myself to rip people off.
It's really gotten out of hand in the past few months. I've been using KODI for many years (when it was XBMC first) and only a couple of friends used it in the same way (local media), more recently a few on Plex too.

Since December last year just about all my friends and co-worked have bought fully-loaded KODI boxes. They always think because I've been using it so long I can help them.. but 99% of the time the problem is caused by an illegal add-on. When I do a clean install for them they are like "Great, thanks for getting it work again, but all my Movies and TV shows are gone!". Rolleyes
(2015-03-10, 06:30)enen92 Wrote: I though something similar might be made for kodi or other open-source projects. Either a custom scam reporting website or using another that might already exist. While one can easily argue that it is some kind of free publicity to those services/sellers I doubt anyone will be encouraged to buy anything from someone that has his email/website/phone number next to this:

I believe people still have a bit of common sense and like me and my example above will do a quick google search if something doesn't sound right. Like for example: "watch every movie ever made".

Cheers,

enen

I think this is an excellent idea!
Kodi is great compared with a few if the commercial media products available in the market. I haven't discovered anything close to Kodi when it comes in performance and functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
selling kodi any others mad about it0