Solved Chromebox - Resetting to Stock
Hello,

This may be a simple thing I am missing but I am trying to put my Asus Chromebox that is running openelec (only) back to stock. Now I did read the wiki and followed the instructions, but I am getting hung up at this part,

Quote:Connect the ChromiumOS USB stick to the ChromeBox, power on, and select the USB stick from the boot menu. Boot into ChromiumOS

I don't understand how I get to the boot menu. I have tried putting the chromeos (version: Camd64OS-20150219010101) SD card -8gb (also tried a flash drive - 8gb) and turning it on and boots right into openelec with no option for selecting the USB. Also tried pushing the reset button but no difference. I am at a loss here, what am I missing? Sorry if i misread anything or left out any important information.
Can anyone help on this? I also tried doing ctl-alt-f2 when in openelec and just brings me to a black screen. I have also tried multiple version on chromium, I am at a loss here.
Okay,

So i figured out the problem. Stupid mistake on my part here. I had the chromebox connected to the TV when I was trying to do all this and the TV wasn't refreshing fast enough for me to see the boot screen option. All is well now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox - Resetting to Stock0