Thinking about a new Box
So I currently have an apple TV2 . And am thinking of getting the T8-AML-V2 Amlogic S802 Quad Core 2.0 GHz Android 4.4 Mini 4K TV BOX from droidstick . . anyone have one of these that has an apple box. just wondering how good it really is.
That looks like it comes with all sorts of piracy and banned add-on crap. If you do buy it you should shouldn't expect support here.

If you state your budget and any other preferences then it would help the community make suggestions.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Piers the irony that the majority of Kodi users use those addons (including me) makes me laugh lol. come on Kodi (XBMC)(edit for clarification: popularity) is built around those addons, to say otherwise is just being foolish. and kids dont do piracy IT IS BAD

ALSO to the OP read this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94268 basically will answer all your questions. don't pick something that has only great specs. something like the Pi2 has pretty good specs but AMAZING community and dev sport. its leagues ahead of any other arm based device.

edit: I apologise for offending anyone. Especially Devs. Sorry
(2015-04-01, 01:17)MediaPi Wrote: Piers the irony that the majority of Kodi users use those addons (including me) makes me laugh lol. come on Kodi (XBMC) is built around those addons, to say otherwise is just being foolish. and kids dont do piracy IT IS BAD

bullshit.

Kodi has never been built around those add-ons, and will never be built around those. Icefilms, navi-x, phoenix, 1channel, and their clones and those clones and so on, are garbage. The number of "good" pirate streaming add-ons is low enough to count on one hand, but even those have no impact on Kodi development. None of the Team Kodi developers make a decision that is based on those add-ons. Kodi/XBMC has existed long before the usage boom that those add-ons saw. Some devs have even considered removing code, in order to make it harder to use such add-ons (but decided that wouldn't be fair to people who legitimately need such code).

Fun fact: No one gives a crap if you pirate. However, the "typical" pirate streaming add-ons are a pile of dog shit. They're frustrating to use, break easily, and I would never encourage anyone to use them. It's horrible that there are so many people out there that think that Kodi really is built around those add-ons, because then they think that Kodi itself is so poorly designed and frustrating. If you're going to pirate, for the love of god, do it right.

Jesus tap dancing christ, MediaPi. You've been on our forum long enough to know better. It's really disappointing to read this garbage coming from you.
Interesting conversation, I agree most users buy these boxes to stream movies/ tv and so forth using addons.

@ned Scott so whats a "good" pirate streaming addon?
(2015-04-01, 01:17)MediaPi Wrote: Piers the irony that the majority of Kodi users use those addons (including me) makes me laugh lol. come on Kodi (XBMC) is built around those addons, to say otherwise is just being foolish. and kids dont do piracy IT IS BAD

FYI, just because the type of people you hang out with endorse piracy does not mean the rest of the community does. I have to remind myself about that too.

And branding the developers by saying they built kodi around pirate streaming addons is pretty rude. They might have chosen not to use time and effort on fighting piracy, but that's not near the same.
I'm sorry Ned. I should have phrased it better. Some users discover kodi through some addons. But to just take want i said diminishes kodi as the best media centre because I've got to know kodi and even without banned addons it's life changing. And agree kodi has never done anything to encourage their usage or changed in any way to accommodate these addons. Also whatever I said is (and I should have quoted before) my opinion.

Can I use April fools get out of jail card? Sorryyy
there is no need for pirate streaming addon.

With Netflix/Amazon Plugins you get most of the content you want. I know that the plugins are not very stable.
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
(2015-04-01, 11:07)tavoc Wrote: there is no need for pirate streaming addon.

With Netflix/Amazon Plugins you get most of the content you want. I know that the plugins are not very stable.

yes but you have to pay for them services.
(2015-04-01, 11:32)yaqh Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 11:07)tavoc Wrote: there is no need for pirate streaming addon.

yes but you have to pay for them services.

So are you suggesting "Why pay when you can steal it"?
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2015-04-01, 10:22)yaqh Wrote: @ned Scott so whats a "good" pirate streaming addon?

There is no such thing as a good pirate addon. If you want to pirate go figure it out somewhere else. Just as bad as when people use torrent sites. Stealing is still stealing no matter what your justification is to do so.
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2015-04-01, 05:34)Ned Scott Wrote: If you're going to pirate, for the love of god, do it right.

Did I just read those reads from you? And yes, I understand the context. But really?
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2015-04-01, 12:48)winestock Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 10:22)yaqh Wrote: @ned Scott so whats a "good" pirate streaming addon?

There is no such thing as a good pirate addon. If you want to pirate go figure it out somewhere else. Just as bad as when people use torrent sites. Stealing is still stealing no matter what your justification is to do so.

nobodies stealing anything just streaming what people put out there! if it's not downloaded and stored locally then it dose not belong to you , go figure it out!
Jesus tap dancing christ,

Blues brothers quoteHuh If so I like its use lol [THUMBS UP SIGN]
(2015-04-01, 13:47)yaqh Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 12:48)winestock Wrote:

nobodies stealing anything just streaming what people put out there! if it's not downloaded and stored locally then it dose not belong to you , go figure it out!

There is nothing for me to figure out. I don't visit torrent websites and I sure don't go trolling the internet to find websites that do privacy. If I want to stream something I either buy it or I pay to stream it the legal way. Maybe you are the one you needs to go figure it out.
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thinking about a new Box0