Which window properties are populated by default?
Hi,

I know (from the wiki) that a call to window.property(<value>) will return certain defined values for several windows (xmlfile for the XML file, weather has some special values, the home screen too).
But for the life of me I can't find a list of pre-defined values. There seems to be no window.property(ID) or window.property(name). I have tried looking in the source codes, but I got lost in the forest since C(++?) is not my cup of tea.
So please - can someone direct me to a list of properties that are build in to Kodi?

Thanks!
http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#Window
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Yes, I found that page, but there is absolutely no mention about things like window name, window ID, etc. And I can hardly believe these values aren't populated, but can't find them either.Unless the page is actually the entire list, in which case this would be very little - except for the xmlfile value, there is no way telling in which window the user currently is... Confused
I also found the wiki with all window names, window IDs and xml files, so it would stand to reason that I can get said values. More specifically, I need to know if I am in the Videofullscreen. The only way I have now is checking the xmlfile value, which I find a hack.
System.CurrentWindow
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I know that one too, only outputs name:
Code:
"result":{
  System.CurrentControl":"VIDEOS",
  "System.CurrentWindow":"Home",
  "Window.Property(xmlfile)":"Home.xml"
}
Debugging/skinning aid for any skin
It's a nice tool, but not what I need. I need to be able to get a Window ID (number or constant name) which I would expect to be accessable by querying the window.property just like the xmlfile value. There is REALLY not something like window.property(id) or window.property(name) or something to this effect?
why do you need the window id if i may ask?

window id's are deprecated, skins should only use / rely on window names.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Window name is fine, as long as it's the non-localized name. In dutch, Weather is called "Weer" for example. That's why I need either it's name or ID. And checking with isVisible and such won't help me either.
I am currently using the xmlfile value (so I can check on "Fullscreen.xml" to now I am currently playing video media, but I feel that's more a hack than a solution. If need be, I leave it at that, but I am very surprised that such a obvious value is not populated as a window.property value. Huh
(2015-04-18, 11:38)mario661 Wrote: I am currently using the xmlfile value (so I can check on "Fullscreen.xml" to now I am currently playing video media

why don't you use Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo) in that case ?

frankly, i still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is much ease for you to use Custom_Debug_Overlay.xml for example.
And you will see the following screen, In my case I had a lot of benefits for some info.

I don't want to use isVisible because of multiple checks I want to do. But we're diverting from the original question here. What are the populated values? No name and or ID? If that's the answer, strange but OK. I will stick with the xmlfile value, along with my feature request to add this to the window property list. If it is and I am too stupid to find it, please say so and tell me what I was missing.
Populated Values of what? We still don't understand what you're looking for or what exactly you're asking.
Make a screenshot or an example else i doubt someone can give you an answer.
Window.property(xmlfile) = returns xml file of current window
Window(Weather).property(location) = returns weather location
Window.property(--what-here--) = returns window ID
Window(Home).property(--what-here--) = returns window ID of Home

What can be filled in for '--what-here--' to get the value 'window ID'. If not the ID, non-localized name is OK too.
I am NOT looking for the localized name (system.currentWindow). I don't want to use isVisible for reasons I don't want to get in to.

I have read the wiki. It only gives the example of getting the xmlfile value. The description is:
"Window([window]).Property(key) : window property. Key can be any value, optional window can be id or name."

It then lists special values for home and weather values, like Window(weather).property(location) etc.

I can't find the logic to have "window.property(xmlfile)" to get the xml filename of a window, but not something like "window.property(id)" or "window.property(name)" or "window.property(whatever)" to identify a window which is not influenced by localization. Up to now, xmlfile is the only value I can find but feel that's a hack to use.

Again; not interested in other methods of achieving a simular result like isvisible or something like that. JSON-RPC (gui.getproperty I thought it was) DOES give back the window ID.
Hello mario661

Is it possible to use string with specific name, and then to call some window.
I mean just trying to help,but still l trying to figure out what map you want to make.

Best Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which window properties are populated by default?0