v15 How Do I Record a Series?
Using NextPVR on Windows 7.

I can get NextPVR to record a show (news at 6), but I can't seem to see a way to get it to do this every day.

I just want 1 episode, because I don't watch the news every night. If I miss it 3 days in a row, I don't need to know what happened back then anyway.
With the default Confluence skin in Kodi, when you do an 'Add Timer', it'd you usually pop a box asking if you'd like to record that show, and when you hit OK it'll show recording type popup, where you can set to 'record once' or 'record daily' etc. On this screen you can also specify the number of recording you want to keep etc.
I notice if I am 6 hours "into the future" in the EPG, I can click a show, expecting the "Add Timer" option to display.

Instead, it takes me to "Live TV" on that channel.

That is completely unexpected!

Is this being fixed for Kodi 16 or should I make a suggestion?
I'm not aware of any problem that'd lead to that. If you've got the correct times shown in NextPVR's own TV Guide screen, then maybe check Kodi for any timezone settings.
Time is right on Kodi.

If I scroll a day into the future on the EPG and click the OK button, I am taken to Live TV instead of getting the prompt to Record Series.

Is that what you get, or do you get something different?
What's making you think you're 6 hours into the future? I'm not really sure what you're trying to describe.
If I'm looking at the EPG and the live time is 1 PM, for example.

I scroll forward in the EPG to a show that starts at 7 PM (6 hours into the future) and select it.

Kodi displays what is live on that channel instead of bringing up the option to record the 7 PM program I just selected.

Does anyone else understand what I'm trying to say? I can't seem to get my point across to sub3. Help!
The NextPVR addon only really takes control after you do the 'Add Timer' button, if you're not getting that, it sounds like some kodi issue.
(2015-09-04, 03:11)jp2code Wrote: If I'm looking at the EPG and the live time is 1 PM, for example.

I scroll forward in the EPG to a show that starts at 7 PM (6 hours into the future) and select it.

Kodi displays what is live on that channel instead of bringing up the option to record the 7 PM program I just selected.

Does anyone else understand what I'm trying to say? I can't seem to get my point across to sub3. Help!

That is not a NextPVR thing. That is a matter of the behavior you select in the Kodi settings for what to do when you press the enter button in the timeline. If you tell Kodi to go to live TV when the enter button is pressed, that's what it does, regardless of the time shown in the EPG. If you have it set to open a detail screen, then you can choose between recording and going to live TV. As of today, Kodi (or at least the default Confluence skin) does not have logic built in to go to Live TV if the EPG time showing is "now" and recording if the EPG time showing is "later."
That is it!

So, we need a way to add some intelligence based logic to this portion of Kodi:

I would like a way for pressing the Info button to bring up the "Show context menu" shown above, "Switch to channel" should be the default selection if viewing the EPG at the current time, and "Record options" displayed if EPG items from extended times are selected.

Is that clear enough for me to put that into a request or would they not understand what I'm saying?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Do I Record a Series?0