logo.png not displaying for R.E.M.
Anyone can see the logo from R.E.M. in Music views? It seems that there's a problem when the artist name does not match the artist folder name, and I can not create a folder with a dot at the end of the folder name in Windows. Any solution? Confused
I have this same problem, Also with Andrew W.K., Harry Connick Jr., “Weird Al” Yankovic, Hank Williams Jr.,AC/DC and RUN-D.M.C.
So basically any artist whos name contains an invalid windows folder character such as \ /:*?<>|.
I was able to fix my AC/DC problem by creating a directory called AC with a directory inside called DC and the logo.png inside there. The only way I can get R.E.M. or any of these others to work is to open a id3 tag editor and remove the invalid characters. Example: I changed the album artist name from R.E.M. to REM and made sure the directory is named the same, in this case REM. This fixes everything except for the way the artist name shows in the list of artists as REM instead of R.E.M. and I can live with that. It bothers me though that I have to do this because now my tags are inaccurate according to Musicbrainz Picard. So scraping any info based on Album Artist for these artists will not match. However as long as the musicBrainz artist ID is in the tag that seems ok for KODI. I don't believe this is true if you use CDArt Manager which is why I started using Mediaelch for getting cdartwork files for these artists. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.
(2015-12-03, 16:16)Beercade Wrote: I have this same problem, Also with Andrew W.K., Harry Connick Jr., “Weird Al” Yankovic, Hank Williams Jr.,AC/DC and RUN-D.M.C.
So basically any artist whos name contains an invalid windows folder character such as \ /:*?<>|.
I was able to fix my AC/DC problem by creating a directory called AC with a directory inside called DC and the logo.png inside there. The only way I can get R.E.M. or any of these others to work is to open a id3 tag editor and remove the invalid characters. Example: I changed the album artist name from R.E.M. to REM and made sure the directory is named the same, in this case REM. This fixes everything except for the way the artist name shows in the list of artists as REM instead of R.E.M. and I can live with that. It bothers me though that I have to do this because now my tags are inaccurate according to Musicbrainz Picard. So scraping any info based on Album Artist for these artists will not match. However as long as the musicBrainz artist ID is in the tag that seems ok for KODI. I don't believe this is true if you use CDArt Manager which is why I started using Mediaelch for getting cdartwork files for these artists. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Having the exact same problem as you do...

R.E.M. is being a PITA!

I think I'll have to rename to R.E.M (still think it's better than REM...) and put every artwork generated by cdart manager to this folder...

I hope it works! Smile
Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
logo.png not displaying for R.E.M.0