Question about default "landing tab" in Kodi
Hey guys, I have a question and apologies if this has been answered. I'm not sure I'm even using the correct terms but here goes.

When I open up Kodi the default tab it lands on is movies. I'd prefer this to land on TV shows instead as I tend to add more TV than movies. I've read somewhere on this forum that you can edit a settings file to achieve this however that was an older post and I wasn't totally sure if this can now be done in the GUI.
(2015-10-24, 02:16)banananipple Wrote: Hey guys, I have a question and apologies if this has been answered. I'm not sure I'm even using the correct terms but here goes.

When I open up Kodi the default tab it lands on is movies. I'd prefer this to land on TV shows instead as I tend to add more TV than movies. I've read somewhere on this forum that you can edit a settings file to achieve this however that was an older post and I wasn't totally sure if this can now be done in the GUI.

I've tried several things over the years and never found anything that works. I finally just wrote a little AutoIt script that starts Kodi, waits a couple seconds, and then issues a left arrow command to move the menu over one. It's not pretty, but it works.
I have the exact opposite-
When I open Kodi it lands on TV tab... I would like it to start on MOVIES.
You should both check out Xonfluence. It's basically Confluence, so you'll be familiar with it from the start, but Helly has added a lot of customization options including the ability to choose which "Menu Item" it defaults to on startup.

This is exactly what you both want without any sloppy shortcuts or self scripted xml editing. Hope to see y'all in the Xonfluence thread soon.
This has been possible for years and years and years by using Startup Window in settings.

By default its [b]Home window[/b] but you can select any portion you want for the list.
I have not been able to get this Settings page to provide the desired functionality. I would like the Startup Window to be "Home Window," but landed on the MOVIES tab on the home screen (so the "Recently Added" thumbnails above the menu banner shows recently added movies). Instead, Kodi always starts on the Home Screen with TV Series tab highlighted, with recently added TV series displaying. If you select any of the other choices under the "Startup Window" option, it actually clicks you INTO that screen.

And I just learned something the hard way, which I believe should be a bug-
If you select "TV" as your Startup Window, and you don't have any TV series in your database, you will start at a Kodi screen with nothing on it. And I have not found a way to get out of it. I have even reinstalled. Now every time I start Kodi, it leaves me in a dead window with no navigation options.
Deleting my "userdata" folder fixed the problem and now Kodi opens fine--
@WannaTheater

Please use my suggestion from earlier in this thread. My suggestion will easily provide you with exactly what you are looking for.

Just so you know that I understand what you are wanting........... You want Kodi to boot to the Home Screen and for the focused Menu Item to be "TV Shows" (and the widget above it to be Recently Added Episodes). Right? You DID NOT want, as with Un1versal's suggestion, for Kodi to boot straight into the TV Library Screen. Correct?

Download Xonfluence. Under System > Skin Settings > General Settings you can find several menu item selections, like Global Skin Options, Home Screen Options and more.

You'll need to go to Home Screen Options. Your very first option there is "Default Focused Menu Item". You'll wanna set that to "TV Shows".

Be sure that you save your new settings by going to the Skin Reset tab and clicking "Reload - Save Settings and Reload Xonfluence"

Go back to the Home Screen. Exit Kodi.............. And when you restart Kodi, it will boot to the Home Screen and be focused on the "TV Shows" menu item.

Be sure to reply and if I helped you can click "Thanks" if ya want. lol
UraFarquad - Thank you. I will investigate the Xonfluence. There is one MINOR correction in what I am looking for. I want Kodi to boot to the Home Screen and the focused Menu Item to be "MOVIES" (and the widget above it to be Recently Added MOVIES). Confluence currently defaults to the "TV Series" as the default menu item.

I am hesitant to go to new skin as family has been using Confluence for years- I just need to make sure Xonfluence is not much different.
Xonfluence IS Confluence......... But easily customizable, and follow the same directions except choose "Movies" instead of "TV Shows"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about default "landing tab" in Kodi0