Using profiles to stop kids watching adult movies
Ok I have two profiles one is the master user the other is kids

The master user is obviously the profile with all movies and tv shows
The kids user hasent got any media

My server has one movies folder with individual files inside and the same for to shows.
Is there anyway I can limit the media that i import into the kids profile by something like age rating eg 18 , PG without splitting my movies folder into two separate folders like kids movies and adult movies

I really don't want to split the media all my files have NFO'S
Check this out- may be what you are looking for:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=112864
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Thanks for the link and Yes I have read that as far as I can tell that was using two different folders not something like age rating
Would this do what you want?
If you're happy editing nfo files just add a tag to each that's okay for the kids' profile and use a smart playlist pointing to the tagged films in their profile. Or if your ratings are consistent (and I know mine aren't) you could point a playlist to pg etc ratings.
Yes all my NFO,S are consistant I manually create them using tiny media manager with movieset,art,mpaa,etc ect

Couple of questions

where would I create a tag in the nfo

I have tryed creating smart playlists via rating from nfo, when I create a smart playlist it doesent find any media files any ideas why this could happen
Add it pretty much wherever you like, it should be read. I use Media Companion, and that has a function to add tags - but you can do it manually,
eg <tag>kids</tag> would do it.

As to the playlist not working - no idea. I don't do it that way (I use paths) but I've tested it in the past and it worked fine. You'd need to at least post up the playlist that wasn't working.
Ok I have put a tag in the NFO,S that are suitable for kids , I have also created a smart playlist with the kids films and also a separate profile for the kids.

how do I add just the films tagged kids to there profile
(2015-11-17, 17:44)Sharpy2014 Wrote: Ok I have put a tag in the NFO,S that are suitable for kids , I have also created a smart playlist with the kids films and also a separate profile for the kids.

how do I add just the films tagged kids to there profile
Probably the easiest way - use a skin that supports custom entries on the home menu, and stick the playlist on the home screen instead of Movies.
I use CCM / xconfluence, but there are plenty of skins that will do the same thing.
Thanks for that I have now done that it's still very easy to see adult movies all you need to do is back out of the playlist is there anything I can do about this
Look at the pin sentry addon
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Ok will look shortly
try sorting the movies as follows,

Media\Movies\Adult
Media\Movies\Kids
Media\TV\Adult
Media\TV\Kids

that way you can create a smart playlist (wiki) and create a custom setup with the customization options of AEON MQ6

you can then remove all items from the home menu and add the smart playlist (wiki) as the option via a kids profile.

the nice thing about this skin is that it also has a kiosk mode that will not allow the kids to accidentally change settings.

the not so nice thing about this skin is that it may not run so well on the lower powered hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using profiles to stop kids watching adult movies0