Streaming Live TV to other devices on network
Question 
Noob here.

I have installed the NextPVR backend on my PC. I can view live TV OK. I have also installed Kodi on my RaspberryPi and enabled addon NextPVR.

So far so good.

I can watch live TV via Kodi without major issues so I know it is set up reasonably well.

My real question is that rather than watch live TV on the screen directly attached to my RaspberryPi (HDMI), I would like to stream live TV to my iPad/iPhone or other networked device via my home network.

I have tried VLC, but it simply picks up the Music folders etc, not the NextPVR addon.

Is what I want to do even possible?

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.
I've loaded kodi on my wife's tablet, a quad core Asus Android device, and she's able to watch live TV, recordings and streaming web sites just like we can on the RPi.
Just to note, if you want to run Kodi on an iPad, you'll have to jailbreak it. So it's not for the feint of heart. I think if you want to watch LiveTV from NextPVR without jailbreaking it you're going to have to find something to transcode the MPEG2 HD streams (assuming you're in the US - not sure what they use in Europe) to a format the iPad can play.
Plex is your answer... I have plex transcoding all my channels (less DRM) to my mobile devices and remote locations.
i do use Plex already, but the Plex Media Server runs on my QNAP NAS, not my PC, so unsure what to do.
Not sure about the NAS but its a channel for plex..... https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/101755...-viewer/p1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Live TV to other devices on network0