Win EPG Guide Disappearing
Hi there. First off;

Windows 8
Kodi 15.2
NextPVR 3.6.6

I spent a few hours moving over from Argus to NextPVR yesterday and have been generally happy with the results. It's all working very nicely and recording are working (I wanted to get this all sorted for Christmas telly).

The only problem, and it may well be a Kodi one rather than a NextPVR one is that in the morning, the EPG in Kodi is empty. In NextPVR it is as it should be. NextPVR is repopulating the EPG (most using the FreeSat (UK) option, some using the DVB option) at about 2:00am (the default) so I'm guessing 'something' is happening here.

I Kodi I have tried both clearing the TV data and clearing the EPG data to reimport from the backend to no effect. If I shut-down Kodi and restart, the EPG is back. I am using Confluence at the moment as Timers don't seem to work in any other skin that I've tried (the timer window doesn't appear...separate issue).

Any ideas?
(2015-12-13, 09:09)JesusOnEez Wrote: Hi there. First off;

Windows 8
Kodi 15.2
NextPVR 3.6.6

I spent a few hours moving over from Argus to NextPVR yesterday and have been generally happy with the results. It's all working very nicely and recording are working (I wanted to get this all sorted for Christmas telly).

The only problem, and it may well be a Kodi one rather than a NextPVR one is that in the morning, the EPG in Kodi is empty. In NextPVR it is as it should be. NextPVR is repopulating the EPG (most using the FreeSat (UK) option, some using the DVB option) at about 2:00am (the default) so I'm guessing 'something' is happening here.

I Kodi I have tried both clearing the TV data and clearing the EPG data to reimport from the backend to no effect. If I shut-down Kodi and restart, the EPG is back.
This sounds like a Kodi issue, rather than a NextPVR addon issue, particularly if restarting Kodi kodi is enough to fix it.

Quote: I am using Confluence at the moment as Timers don't seem to work in any other skin that I've tried (the timer window doesn't appear...separate issue).
This is fixed in Kodi 16, when Kodi includes native support for more advanced PVR functions.
Just in case anyone else searches for this, turning the EPG cache on (which it is by default to be fair) fixes the EPG disappearing overnight problem (which is not an NPVR issue).
(2015-12-14, 13:34)JesusOnEez Wrote: Just in case anyone else searches for this, turning the EPG cache on (which it is by default to be fair) fixes the EPG disappearing overnight problem (which is not an NPVR issue).

I have cache on in Kodi, and it doesn't solve this problem for me. Is there some other setting in Kodi or Nextpvr that I'm missing?

(using schedules direct for USA EPG)
Every once in awhile I have a problem with the EPG data in Kodi. In the settings look for the LiveTV section. In there somewhere is an option to delete the Kodi EPG data. If you select that Kodi will purge the EPG data and then reload it from NPVR. That has always resolved my glitches.
Argh. Clearing cache doesn't always work either. Very frustrating. Hopefully will be addressed in either a plugin update or Kodi 16.

Any other suggestions?
(2015-12-18, 01:37)pkscout Wrote: Every once in awhile I have a problem with the EPG data in Kodi. In the settings look for the LiveTV section. In there somewhere is an option to delete the Kodi EPG data. If you select that Kodi will purge the EPG data and then reload it from NPVR. That has always resolved my glitches.

I had found that if I did the above, the EPG wouldn't be populated until I'd reloaded Kodi despite seeming to scan through the channels to repopulate. It's at that point I turned the cache back on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Guide Disappearing0