TV SHOWS Listing
UPDATE: Since no one responded to my initial request, I'll ask another way. I am recording broadcast TV and have a growing library of TV shows that I have setup to show under TV SHOWS. My issue is some recordings do not show up. As noted below, MPC and MPM are series that should show up but do not. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get them to show up?

Don't believe this is a NextPVR issue, but as that is what I use I'll start here. The issue I'm having has to do with recordings for Masterpiece Mystery and Masterpiece Classic. They record fine, but will not show up under TV Shows. I've reviewed the filenames and they follow the correct format. I've renamed and tried different naming conventions, but still cannot get them to show up. Anyone else have this or similar issue with a solution? It does show up as an error in the new Event heading under system.

This same problem exists with any non-series recordings like football and other sporting events.
So no one else has any issues with TV recorded content not showing up under the TV Shows area?
Are the file names something like c:\Recorded TV\Masterpiece Classic\Masterpiece Classic_20160502_18001900.ts?
Or.... do they have a season and episode type file name (S01E02).
If they have the 1st type of file name (with a date and time in there), Kodi (starting from Helix) will not automatically pick them up as TV shows.

The good news is you should always be able to play them from the "files" function (rather then the TV Shows) function.
You might want to check out ImageGrabLite (there's info on it in the NextPVR forums). It will convert file names to the correct format for Kodi. NextPVR uses the Kodi naming conventions if the episode has season and episode information in the guide data (you might have to check that in the settings), otherwise it uses the format ReplayHarry mentioned. That's where ImageGrabLite comes in.
ReplayHarry, thanks for the response. An example of one of the files is: R:\Masterpiece Mystery!\Masterpiece.Mystery!.S07E30.Grantchester.Season.2. NextPVR names the folder and filenames seemingly correct for the second example you provided, which also seems to follow the correct format for Kodi. I do know that the files can be played/viewed from the files section, but this takes away from the "All shows in one place" experience.

Thanks pkscout, I'll take a look at ImageGrabLite.
Since the file names appear to be in the format Kodi likes, I have no clue why they aren't being picked up.
I use ImageGrablite like PKScout suggests. But seeing as your files are in the right format, doesn't look like that is the issue, but ImageGrablite will produce .nfo files for you, so that may help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV SHOWS Listing0