Compile in OSX 10.11.4
Hi,

Unfortunately I just jumped on the Mac bandwagon. How do I compile Kodi for OS X 10.11.4? I'm following the README.osx, but at the first make I get errors.

Thanks for any help! The only reason I got a Mac was to build my Philips Hue music visualization for you guys.

-Tom

Code:
cd macosx10.11_x86_64-target; /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/autoreconf -vif
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/aclocal --force -I m4
main::scan_file() called too early to check prototype at /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/aclocal line 621.
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/libtool/config/ltmain.sh' to `./'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4' to `m4/'
autoreconf: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/libtoolize failed with exit status: 1
make[2]: *** [macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fontconfig] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 2
hardyts-MacBook:depends hardyt$
Which kodi branch and which xcode Version are you using?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz: Jarvis, Xcode 7.3
well jarvis can't be compiled with xcode 7.3 - you would need to backport this commit to the jarvis branch and start from scratch:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4d5a...e41e9312b1

(you can simply "git cherry-pick 4d5a2b68173403da2117c62e9c8382e41e9312b1" it)

or you compile master which has this in already (but is krypton based then...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ohh btw i know that the README.osx stated that xcode 7.x is supported - lesson learned. At the point of writing we had no issues with xcode 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 and i thought it would be save now. But as usual apple breaks things for us with xcode updates once in a while ...
There must be something else to change:

Code:
../libtool: line 1298: func_opt_split: command not found
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.6.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[4]: *** [libmysql.lo] Error 63
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [macosx10.11_x86_64-target/libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [mysql] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 2

Sorry, I just don't know enough to fix all this myself yet. If you have any additional points, please let me know. Thanks!
cherry-pick what i said then

Code:
git clean -xfd
rm -r /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native

then follow the readme from the start
@Memphiz: I ran those commands previously. I tried again and it still failed building the mysql lib. I downgraded to Xcode 7.2 and it built.
sorry then this one is needed too i guess - i wasn't around when libtool got bumped so i don't have an exact overview what else is needed but i guess thats it

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1edf...97451dd1e8
https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/commit/5f5f...afe794cca1
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
that one doesn't apply to kodi - kodi master is fine with the 2 commits i pointed out...
of course it will not directly apply Smile master is missing a few things plus all the libtool hacks can get removed if you patch libtool with those three patches. They are also safe for iOS and OSX.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot now that this old macintosh seems to have a busted hard drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile in OSX 10.11.40