LiveTV / PVR on Amazon FireTV
Hi there!

I already placed some questiones there and there but without success.
So I will try it here also if someone has any idea of how to bring LiveTV to FireTV!?

I have a running tvheadend instance which works perfect (I have IPTV incl EPG) and I also did some experiments with the IPTV Simple Client which I did not test so far on the fireTV.
How do you people watch live TV on Amazon FireTV??

thanks for the ideas...
rebuilding ....
I guess this is easely done by foloowing steps:

From the Kodi Wiki: "For basic features on most PVR add-ons/backend, you only need to go to Settings -> Live TV -> General and "Enable Live TV". If you've set up a PVR backend and related add-on correctly in the previous steps, then you should be able to go to the next step...."

So before Live TV is enabled in Kodi, you should setup / activate a PVR AddOn, in your case it would be the PVR-tvheadend AddOn. Simply put in IP of the tvheadend server, a username and a password and you should be done to enable Live-TV Smile

More Info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR
Thanks Vlaves.
I already did all these steps. I have the tvheadend server up and running and I use the PVR addon on all my other kodi instances without any problem.
I know (at least I think) how to do this correct. The only machine where it does not work is on FireTV.
And what I already found is the entry on the wiki:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV#Known_issues

8 Known issues
VC-1 / WMV9 encoded videos is currently not hardware decoded in Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV box or stick
Live IPTV (via multicast UDP/RTP) is currently not supported due to missing kernel support.
rebuilding ....
So, Amazon Fire Stick is actually crappy device. Drop it and buy something else.
All of above is supported on any cheap chinese tv box
(2016-04-28, 16:46)giaur Wrote: So, Amazon Fire Stick is actually crappy device. Drop it and buy something else.

Confused this is not an option. There has to be a way to bring liveTV to the amazon FireTV! Nod
I already bought it and the device itself is - lets say - OK.

any other ideas .... ?
rebuilding ....
(2016-04-28, 20:31)krijeck Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 16:46)giaur Wrote: So, Amazon Fire Stick is actually crappy device. Drop it and buy something else.

Confused this is not an option. There has to be a way to bring liveTV to the amazon FireTV! Nod
I already bought it and the device itself is - lets say - OK.

any other ideas .... ?

SiliconDust's HD View is a decent option but it would require some hardware purchases.
this was not the question actually. I thought someone could support with help for bringing LiveTV to amazon FireTV!
I do not want to buy anything else!
rebuilding ....
TVheadend seems to work fine in MrMC/Amazon with the binary pvr for it. Something must be wrong with the build for Kodi then.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
thanks MrMC!
Your answer gave some hopes back! I tried now something different! I have not the IP set in the tvheadend add-on but the local name tv.local, after changing that the OVR seemed to work. At least the backend was found and i have seen the EPG loading bar! now when starting a channel Kodi crashes!! any ideas? ... and I switched to Kodi 16.1

it WORKS! yea! just restarted and changed skin!

thanks!
rebuilding ....
nice Smile
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv

Nonsense. The Amazon Fire TV stick isn't very powerful, but it is one of the better Android devices out there.
Actually it's not the Stick but the box. Wink

LiveTV still doesn't run stable. Currently Kodi crashes again all the time.
rebuilding ....
(2016-04-29, 04:20)Ned Scott Wrote:

Nonsense. The Amazon Fire TV stick isn't very powerful, but it is one of the better Android devices out there.

Oh yes...

(2016-04-29, 06:02)krijeck Wrote: LiveTV still doesn't run stable. Currently Kodi crashes again all the time.

Either Kodi build is buggy, or box itself is buggy. I have RK based box and live tv is stable as rock.
(2016-04-29, 07:45)giaur Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 04:20)Ned Scott Wrote:

Oh yes...

(2016-04-29, 06:02)krijeck Wrote: LiveTV still doesn't run stable. Currently Kodi crashes again all the time.

Either Kodi build is buggy, or box itself is buggy. I have RK based box and live tv is stable as rock.

You are not helping. At best, you are trolling. I strongly suggest you stop posting in this thread.
Unless things have changed massively in the last year deinterlacing on the fire tv was always dreadful for live tv. I replaced all my 3 fire tv 1s because of this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV / PVR on Amazon FireTV0