Advice to replace my Minix x7
Hi,
I have a Minix Neo X7 running on Android Kitkat and rooted. As a user of Kodi, I'll install Kodi 17 when it'll be available but Minix won't provide an upgrade to Android 5 Sad
I'm thinking on replace it with a Minix Neo U1 or WeTek Play 2.
What do you think ?
Well I'm looking for a box with good support from the brand and good quality Wink
Thanks in advance for your advices !
i think new mibox is good. and i am using now.

From Memobox Prince
(2016-08-29, 12:45)killerbot Wrote: Well I'm looking for a box with good support from the brand and good quality Wink

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box

Only well supported devices listed in Post #1

(2016-08-29, 15:27)Prince0615 Wrote: i think new mibox is good. and i am using now.

From Memobox Prince
Not out until September 30 (and even this date is just a rumor).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
i think not possible. in us Market i think will be end of oct.

From Memobox Prince
(2016-08-29, 15:53)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-08-29, 12:45)killerbot Wrote: Well I'm looking for a box with good support from the brand and good quality Wink

Thank you for your answers Smile
But there are WeTeK Hub and WeTeK Core in the list but not WeTeK Play ? (and Play 2)
(2016-08-29, 15:53)wrxtasy Wrote:

Wrxtasy,

Which if any manufacturer/s provide Android OS updates?

I have a Minix X8h plus using Android OS 4.x.x and I am unable to upgrade to Kodi 17, as Minix are refusing to provide an Android OS upgrade to Android OS 5.X.X.
On a regular basis:
- Amazon
- nVIDIA

Once relatively Stable on AMLogic:
- WeTek, eventually for their S905 devices once Android Marshmallow is more mature.

Thanks, sounds like it has already started

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/07/06/w...-firmware/
(2016-08-29, 15:27)Prince0615 Wrote: i think new mibox is good. and i am using now.

From Memobox Prince

Why does this sound familiar? Oh yeah!

(2016-08-20, 05:28)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-08-19, 22:32)MrMC Wrote: Guess again Smile

Well... then it ought to be the Green King or is it the Orange Prince from China Wink
About Wetek Play 2, are the 8 Gb of internal storage sufficient ? Or should I wait to Play 2S ?
BTW, what kind of Android is it (Android "classic" or "Android TV") ? It's written Wetek OS based on Android 5.1.1 but no other information
Thanks Smile
(2016-08-30, 18:25)killerbot Wrote: About Wetek Play 2, are the 8 Gb of internal storage sufficient ? Or should I wait to Play 2S ?
BTW, what kind of Android is it (Android "classic" or "Android TV") ? It's written Wetek OS based on Android 5.1.1 but no other information
Thanks Smile

8GB is fine for most people who are only using Kodi. If you have a huge movie library or want to download a lot of apps/games then you can throw in a mSD card or USB thumb drive.

It's normal Android, modified with a WeTek launcher and various other extras, to make it easier to use with a remote control. It can launch apps in leanback mode when they have both modes.
I think that internal storage shouldn't be a deciding factor.

After all its better to connect a hard disk drive with lots of storage space.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
This is what is boils down to in the end:

If your want a Top Spec Android experience, with bleeding edge Android OS updates and all the bells and whistles regarding DRM Android Apps, including 5.1/7.1 Audio and HDR10 out of some of those Apps, then get a nVIDIA Shield. The FireTV2 if Amazon Prime Video is needed.

If your serious about Kodi, want trouble free Refresh Switching, Deinterlacing and 4K video scaling then get one of the well supported AMLogic S905 LibreELEC capable devices. Consider Intel boxes if you don't need HDMI 2.0 and 10bit HEVC Hardware decoding.

Want HDR10 - Full 1080p 3D and 4K playback, then the HiMedia Q5/Q10 products should be looked at.

Smile

I'd wait until the new Xiaomi Mi Box 4k that's supposed to hit the US in September/October.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice to replace my Minix x70