Nvidia shield or Minix neo U1? Techies :)
Sweet as a nut mate yeah i did get a little concerned but! not worried as i knew i was covered from the start from SCAMS.Well we will see if anything it will be just a waste of time if he tries pull a fast one,Ill still move onto someone else and buy it elsewhere.You get burnt by scammers but your ready next time around. Smile
Get the shield directly from Nvidia website, they usually have offers. Shield is the best box I've ever owned and future proof compared to other boxes. The 3g RAM makes a big difference. Only gripe I had was that unlike the minix boxes there was no one button force close so crashing was a right pain.

However, saying that no Android boxes even come close to a HTPC.

Sent from my HTC One M9
(2016-09-02, 03:47)wrxtasy Wrote: @Theone5800,
You have fallen into the Newbie trap of just looking at tech specs and reading paid for Amazon reviews which can be full of BS.

No, don't fall in this newbie trap who has experience over more then than 10 years with media players!
And do not tell them about the lockups of the Nvidia Shield. Nod
And don't tell them you have no experience at all with the HiMedia Q10 Pro Confused
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2016-09-04, 06:45)sansiro2 Wrote: Get the shield directly from Nvidia website, they usually have offers. Shield is the best box I've ever owned and future proof compared to other boxes. The 3g RAM makes a big difference. Only gripe I had was that unlike the minix boxes there was no one button force close so crashing was a right pain.

However, saying that no Android boxes even come close to a HTPC.

Sent from my HTC One M9

Cool bruv i sorted yeah a + for that
(2016-09-04, 10:30)HereIsTom Wrote:
You have fallen into the Newbie trap of just looking at tech specs and reading paid for Amazon reviews which can be full of BS.

No, don't fall in this newbie trap who has experience over more then than 10 years with media players!
And don't tell them you have no experience at all with the HiMedia Q10 Pro Confused

Hey whats that all about dude
Well i first started with the apple TV2 box you had to jailbreak that so you could put XBMC on it and i thought it was amazing hehe.Then 4 some funny reason i sold the box dont ask me why.Then i started to miss XBMC so i was back on the hunt for a reliable smart box my journey was hard this box that box then i finally narrowed it down to the MINIX box.Ive had that for a few years just like the apple tv2 before it and now its time to upgrade yet again. Smile
(2016-09-04, 14:54)Theone5800 Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 10:30)HereIsTom Wrote:

Hey whats that all about dude
HereIsTom is just having a go at me because I 've pull him up when he regularly tells us the Q10 Pro's 24p video playback problems are solved, when we know that is not the case. 3D 23.976fps has well known microstutters during playback. Confirmed by hdmkv himself.

I'm not trying to bag out users of the Q10, you just have to be truthful and a bit objective, particularly if a media player's known main sales feature is 1080p 3D video playback. You have to tell it warts and all.

I known nothing of these supposed Shield lock ups tho. A link to nVidia or Kodi forums detailing the issue would be handy, and not just a report by a single user.

@Theone5800,
You have done your homework by the sounds of it. Good move selling the ATV2 actually and going to a MINIX.
You cannot go wrong when you buy any Kodi box with good after sales support, both from the seller and the Kodi community.
Smile

Yeah thats one thing that i thought was important at the time weather there support is any good and it seemed good to me at the time plus most of the other smart boxes i had on my list ended up paper weights hehe bricked by the sounds of unhappy users.

Yes i did join the Nvidia forum the other day so i can refer to this forum and nvidia's it will make my life easier i hope Smile.Over this weekend ive been treating myself i even bought a Linksys XAC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Dual AC1900 Modem Router for lemonade money at £55 delivered and its hardly ever been used.Result.
And don't listen to someone insinuating that there is some "lockup" issue with the Shield. There's not.

You can also refer to this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228158

There will also be some new "News" for the Shield coming soon. Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-09-04, 16:29)wrxtasy Wrote: HereIsTom is just having a go at me because I 've pull him up when he regularly tells us the Q10 Pro's 24p video playback problems are solved, when we know that is not the case. 3D 23.976fps has well known microstutters during playback. Confirmed by hdmkv himself.
I have no idea why you provide it on me, but since only one type of 3D file does not play well you say the HiMedia Q10 Pro is not good.
While HiMedia Q10 Pro still further just all play perfectly .
I just want to show that there are more good choices Wink
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2016-09-04, 17:04)Tinwarble Wrote: And don't listen to someone insinuating that there is some "lockup" issue with the Shield. There's not.

You can also refer to this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228158

There will also be some new "News" for the Shield coming soon. Wink

Cheers fella respect +
(2016-09-04, 17:05)HereIsTom Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 16:29)wrxtasy Wrote: HereIsTom is just having a go at me because I 've pull him up when he regularly tells us the Q10 Pro's 24p video playback problems are solved, when we know that is not the case. 3D 23.976fps has well known microstutters during playback. Confirmed by hdmkv himself.
I have no idea why you provide it on me, but since only one type of 3D file does not play well you say the HiMedia Q10 Pro is not good.
While HiMedia Q10 Pro still further just all play perfectly .
I just want to show that there are more good choices Wink

Hey dude be cool Smile
Dude tried to rip me off man the internet is full of em well im safe anyway in the end i gave my credit card supplier a call and they got my money back as i just couldnt b bothered with the paypal dispute this time.But saying that i found someone else with two gamepads nvidia shield 16gb and a 1tb external with them emulator games on it.He said he will sort it all out with kodi so not to bad really this is all for £160 but might b a little extra for postage costs.

Also im not letting that other guy get away with it to easy as i have gumtree,paypal and my credit card supplier ready to take action against him.They have told me to wait 7 days from when i payed so a few more days to go then ill set the ball rolling.
(2016-09-01, 16:02)wrxtasy Wrote: Kodi Mostly = superior LibreELEC Kodi = Any number of devices:

1080p with a bit of Software decoded HEVC = Intel Chromebox
Want more grunt = an "i" series NUC
10bit HEVC video playback with HDMI 2.0 = numerous S905 devices
DRM Android paid for streaming Apps = Shield, FireTV2, WeTek devices

The question is too broad, you need to list what Audio / Video content you wish to consume and any possible DRM Android Apps etc...

Hi,
Any chance of you putting a questionnaire together so that anyone asking which box to buy could fill it in with all their relevant requirements, so that you could give an answer other than 'requirements are too broad'?
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Sep 2016)

Don't have time to repeat tech Info endlessly if users don't want to do some own self reading and help themselves.
There is more than enough detailed info in that thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia shield or Minix neo U1? Techies :)0