where do i get a kodi box
Hi

Could someone please tell me where I could buy a Kodi box and do they come with remotes?
start here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916 kodi is software there is no kodi box officially.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Have a read of this thread for ideas:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-01-06, 19:55)dereckkerr Wrote: Hi

Could someone please tell me where I could buy a Kodi box and do they come with remotes?

My advice would be to build one from a Raspberry Pi. A much more satisfying experience.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Also worth noting that anything that is advertised as a Kodi box is not only breaking kodi's copyright but is also most likely a cheap, badly support and horribly under powered mess

Sent from my D5803
(2017-01-07, 15:57)speedwell68 Wrote:

My advice would be to build one from a Raspberry Pi. A much more satisfying experience.

I really need to build one. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

(2017-01-07, 16:07)flipside101 Wrote:

Also worth noting that anything that is advertised as a Kodi box is not only breaking kodi's copyright but is also most likely a cheap, badly support and horribly under powered mess

Sent from my D5803 (typie typie)

Not to mention most boxes labeled as Kodi boxes are preloaded with all sorts of shady piracy add-ons that won't get you any support on this forum.
Thread moved to hardware
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-01-07, 15:57)speedwell68 Wrote:

RPi IMHO is old tech.

Better bang for the buck is now found in cheap AMLogic S905 devices running LibreELEC Kodi, especially when it comes to decoding HEVC video content. LibreELEC Kodi Krypton for these AMLogic S905 devices now in final stages of testing is looking really good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where do i get a kodi box0