Unable to Connect to SMB Shares from Amazon Firestick v2 and Kodi Krypton
I purchased a new Amazon Fire Stick from Best Buy. I used ES File Manager to download and install Kodi Krypton to it. I find myself unable to connect to my main server (Windows 7 machine). When I try to add by server name or IP, I get an an error about connection timout, and that I may not be connected to the network.
When I check the network settings in Kodi it has an IP address that is out of my router's subnet, however when I check the Fire Stick it has the correct IP.
I tried to "Add network location" and browse the network, but that didn't give me any results either.

I know my server is set up correctly, I have two windows computers running Kodi that connect to it just fine.

The entire reason I bought this was to stream content from my server, so at this point the thing is useless to me Sad Please help!
THIS thread might offer some help...
Update:
I run an Emby server on my server. When I view the uPnP devices it is listed, and I can add it and stream from it fine. So it sees the server and connects fine that way.
I read that the stable builds of Krypton have some issues with SMB Browsing, so I Added a Network source, and just entered the server name and share folder and left the rest blank. It added fine. I set up a folder and let it scan everything overnight.
This morning I went to check on things and it looked like it had completed as all of the videos were now listed. I went to play one and it said it couldn't find the file. I went back to check on the share in Kodi and it no longer connects.
While I'm thrilled it worked last night, I'm disappointed that it's unstable and not working now.

I reviewed that thread and the only thing I hadn't done was the registry change. I did that and rebooted the server and I'm able to connect. So far so good Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Connect to SMB Shares from Amazon Firestick v2 and Kodi Krypton0