Solved Can I see "remaining time" during playback
I have just upgraded Kodi and the default skins is Estuary (atleast it is in my build).

Before in Confluence, I had modified it using the following gude to show "remaining time" rather than "total time" during playback:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Add_Time_Re...Confluence

Is it possible to do the same in Estuary? If so, anyone got any tips?
Pressing "o" will give the remaining time on the bottom right.
Ahhh... i am using a remote and have limited buttons.. i was hoping that like Confluence, i could simply change the values.
Those instructions are probably a good starting place for Estuary. The information you want to change is still in the same file, you're just going to have to figure out where things are in the new layout.
(2017-02-26, 22:40)pkscout Wrote: Those instructions are probably a good starting place for Estuary. The information you want to change is still in the same file, you're just going to have to figure out where things are in the new layout.

I thought that.. but couldnt even find the files....

I have noticed that the remaining time is shown when you pause (bottom right).. but not when you bring up te "info" during playback.
(2017-02-27, 00:18)jweaver Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 22:40)pkscout Wrote: Those instructions are probably a good starting place for Estuary. The information you want to change is still in the same file, you're just going to have to figure out where things are in the new layout.

I thought that.. but couldnt even find the files....

I have noticed that the remaining time is shown when you pause (bottom right).. but not when you bring up te "info" during playback.

The files are in *exactly* the same place as the Confluence files except in a folder called Estuary instead. Unless you are on Windows and switched to using the Windows Store version. Then they are someplace different. There are some threads in the windows forum about that.
(2017-02-27, 05:12)pkscout Wrote: The files are in *exactly* the same place as the Confluence files except in a folder called Estuary instead. Unless you are on Windows and switched to using the Windows Store version. Then they are someplace different. There are some threads in the windows forum about that.

Hmmmm.. I couldn't find them..

I am on a Unix platform (Raspberry Pi running Libreelec) and I even tried "find / -name "Estuary" -print" hoping it would find the files.. But didn't get any hits.

I will have a look again last and have a good explore through the filesystem.
Finally found the skin files.. They are under

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary

But I then remembered from Kodi 16 that they are read only, so I copied the entire directory to:

/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.esutary.jon (NB. I renamed it to .jon in this step)

However, in Confluence, the file you need to change are "VideoFullScreen.xml", but in Estuary, the only reference to the XML values I need are in:

.../xml/Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml

And I can only find reference to one of the values and the format is completely different, so in truth, I don't have a clue what I am doing.

Its odd that in Estuary, "Remaining TIme" is shown when you pause (Bottom Right) and when you press Info (Top Right).. But not when you bring up the seek bar (not sure what button press this is).

I am lost without this, as I don't really want to know the total time.. I want to know how long is left to run....

Is there no-one else running Estuary that wants the same?
I have made a tiny bit of progress..

By editing the "Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml" file and changing:

<label>$INFO[Player.FinishTime,$LOCALIZE[31080]: ]</label>

to

<label>$INFO[Player.FinishTime,$LOCALIZE[31080]: ] ($INFO[Player.TimeRemaining(hh:mmConfuseds)])</label>

I have been able to add "Time Remaining" to the top right of the screen.. So with this mod, it still shows you the Finish Time, but also the Time Remaining in Brackets.

But I really want to change the values at the bottom which by default show the current time, and total time.. But I can't for the life of me work out how... The most promising file I have found is "PlayerControls.xml", specifically this line:

PlayerControls.xml: <label>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]</label>

But changing the values do nothing on the GUI.

In truth, I am not an XML expert and don't really know what I am doing.. So I might just leave it.. Atleast I have "time remaining" shown at the top now, which is a bonus
Doh.. its was there all the time. Staring at me.. The magic file is "Variables.xml".

I simply changed this:

<value>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]</value>

to

<value>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining(hh:mm:ss), / ]</value>

Sorted...
Hello friends Smile

I have the same problem and want to see the remaining time in Aeon Nox 5.

I can not find the line
<value>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.Duration...
in my values.xml

Anyone knows what to change?
I just want to see the remaining time in the middle of my blue bar at the bottom of the movie whenever it popps up (pause, forward/backward steps,...)

I am on an Nvidia ShieldTV with Android 8 and SPMC 16.7-04 with Kodi 18 I think...

Smile

Thank u very much
Kami
@Kamikaze01 the file you are looking for is KODI\addons\skin.estuary\xml\Variables.xml

(You have "values.xml" noted in your post which is an error)

In my copy it is on line 197

Do note that in jweaver's post that daft smiley thing should be a : and

Hang on... you say you are using "SPMC 16.7-04 with KODI 18"...  errr... that doesn't make sense.  SPMC was a fork of KODI 16 that has now been abandoned ( http://spmc.semperpax.com/ )  So it is not KODI 18 at all.

You can still do this mod, but it could be that you need to look more specifically for where the skin files are in the SPMC version.  (I didn't think it had Estuary as thought that one stayed with Confluence?)
(2018-09-27, 19:17)BatterPudding Wrote: ...you say you are using "SPMC 16.7-04 with KODI 18"...  errr... that doesn't make sense.  SPMC was a fork of KODI 16 that has now been abandoned ( http://spmc.semperpax.com/ )  So it is not KODI 18 at all.
 Yeah - i am sorry.
I was not sure what version of Kodi SMPC is using... thank u for the info Smile

And - YESSSSS !!!! Thank u many times for sorting my problem.
I fond the necessary values.xmx in \Android\data\com.semperpax.spmc16\files\.spmc\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i
And than i changed the 

python:
<value>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]</value>

to

python:
<value>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining(hh:mmConfuseds), / ]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]</value>

AND IT WORKED LIKE A CHARME... I CAN NOW SEE THE
ACTUAL TIME / TIME REMAINING / TOTAL TIME
IN MY STATUS BAR

Thank u thousand times - happy again Smile Smile Smile
@Kamikaze01 excellent.  Glad that was enough of a pointer.

It could be worth testing KODI 17 or 18 on your Android box.  I have KODI running alongside SPMC on some devices now.

Do keep a copy of your edited file.  Editing the skin like that can get overwritten - but as it is SPMC you are probably safe as there isn't going to be any upgrades of that one.

It is one of the really nice things about projects like KODI - everything can be customised to our exact needs.
Hi guys just found this thread after a quick Google

I wish to show time remaining too but I’m using Kodi 18.9 on a Fire Stick

Can anyone advise how I enable this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I see "remaining time" during playback0