Bug Possible Bug with Master Lock Code on Startup
After enabling the option to "Ask for master lock code on startup" with a numeric PIN set for the master user, I am seeing some odd behavior. It appears that DialogNumeric is being called repeatedly, triggering the WindowOpen animation each time.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enable "numeric password" on the "Lock preferences" of the master user.
2. Under "Interface settings" in the settings section of the skin, choose "Master lock".
3. Enable "Ask for master lock code on startup".
4. Exit Kodi and restart.

You may need some sort of WindowOpen animation on DialogNumeric.xml to see the window opening multiple times.

In the video below you can see the issue I am running into. Also note, when the animation/cursors freeze it follows my mouse movement. No mouse movement = no continued animation.

This is a error but it depend on the skin. There is a error in the code somewhere more then likely. Try with another skin and it should work fine.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I don't believe it is just the skin causing the issue. The DialogNumeric.xml animation works just fine in normal operation, just not in the described circumstance. Additionally, if a slide animation is added to WindowOpen/WindowClose in Estuary, similar behavior can be seen.
Gotcha
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-03-05, 19:53)Bumpaneer Wrote: I don't believe it is just the skin causing the issue. The DialogNumeric.xml animation works just fine in normal operation, just not in the described circumstance. Additionally, if a slide animation is added to WindowOpen/WindowClose in Estuary, similar behavior can be seen.

Can confirm that this occurs. You need either a slide or zoom animation to see the effect.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Is anyone from the Kodi Team able to comment/confirm? Unfortunately this can be a user's first interaction with the skin on startup and it doesn't leave a good impression.
Let's see your startup.xml code.
Thanks for taking a look Hitcher.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">10</defaultcontrol>
    <onload condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(Colour.Theme))">Skin.SetString(Colour.Theme,Red)</onload>
    <controls>
        <control type="button" id="10">
            <description>trigger</description>
            <onfocus>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onfocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="button" id="10">
            <description>trigger with startup Playlist</description>
            <onfocus>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(Startup_Playlist_Path)])</onfocus>
            <onfocus>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onfocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
        </control>
        <include>CommonBackground</include>
    </controls>
</window>

https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/...tartup.xml

Edit: Just to verify, I tried the same code that Confluence uses and experienced the same issue.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
    <onload>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onload>
    <controls></controls>
</window>
Can you test to see if adding this makes any difference?

Code:
<backgroundcolor>ff000000</backgroundcolor>
I placed the backgroundcolor into Startup.xml and had no change in behavior.
Right, one more thing - can you add a background texture and test?

Thanks.
I tried adding a background, but it did not have any effect. In fact, the background did not appear to be drawn at all. The display still appeared exactly as in the video above with DialogNumeric being drawn repeatedly over the Kodi Krypton background.

Edit: The same behavior can be seen with the cursor in Confluence by default, just by following the procedure in the initial post. To see the slide problem, you can add a simple animation to the DialogBack image.

Code:
<control type="image">
    <left>0</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>380</width>
    <height>430</height>
    <texture border="40">DialogBack.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="1515,0" end="0,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-1515,0" time="400" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

I am fairly certain this issue goes deeper than just my skin at this point. It seems that the keyboard or numeric dialog window is being called/drawn repeatedly if the master password is required on startup.
It's because the master lock loads before any other skin files (ie over the splash screen) so it's acting as if there is no background (its like noclip cheat in doom).

The only place you could add a background is dialognumeric itself, but I'm not sure what condition you would use to show it because no window is loaded to check against
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi @Hitcher

I'm just following up to see if there is anything else you need from me? I believe we've demonstrated through the steps in this thread that the problem exists at a deeper level than skins can account/correct for. It appears to affect any skin using a slide/zoom animation on the Keyboard or Numeric dialogs.

If there is anything else I can do to assist with tracking down the issue, please let me know.
Did you disable the splash screen in your advanced setting XML?

Edit: It's reproducible with default settings (splash is enabled) and it's not related to a skin. Please file an issue in our bug tracker. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible Bug with Master Lock Code on Startup0