Importing TV Shows named by the date they aired, scan & scrape by air-date ("bydate")
Lightbulb 
I am trying to get episodes of "the Daily Show" imported into the library. The episodes are all named by the date they aired on. I think my expression for importing them is working, but I don't think any of the scapers match based on a date name. Is there any way I can accomplish this?

example:
The Daily Show\Season 13\05 07 2008.avi

import expressions
Code:
<tvshowmatching>
    <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
    <regexp>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])[^\\/]*</regexp>
    [b]<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)([0-9]{2,2}\ [0-9]{2,2}\ [0-9]{4,4})[^\\/]*</regexp>[/b]
There's not even an interface on TheTVDB to allow lookups by air date, so there can't be a scraper that does it. Perhaps it's something we'll add at some point, but until then you'll have to rename the file based on season/episode.
That would also require changes to Xbmc source code. Episodes identifiers are expected to be a number, not a string.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well that's that then. I guess that show is fully manual for now Sad

szsori, The shows have an "Originally Aired" field, are you saying that this fied is not matchable currently? I thought Darkmoor's original importer for Meedio had a match by date ability.
szsori Wrote:There's not even an interface on TheTVDB to allow lookups by air date
it could be an important feature for XBMC in the soon future though when we get a PVR frontend interface as some frontend EPG databases (like MythTV) do not collect/store TV-show season or episode, only air date.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Gamester17 Wrote:it could be an important feature for XBMC in the soon future though when we get a PVR frontend interface as some frontend EPG databases (like MythTV) do not collect/store TV-show season or episode, only air date.
Smile
I guess it could be done by downloading the all.zip which contains all of the series records and then matching off the date, but ideally I'd make a new path for it similar to how default, dvd, and absolute ordering work. It's not too much work, but it's at least a few weeks out.
Let me know if I can help somehow.
If you know perl and SQL, I'll happily give you access to the stuff so it can be worked in immediately. The code isn't too difficult and I could step someone through what needs to be done. Otherwise, it'll just wait a couple weeks. Smile
szsori Wrote:If you know perl and SQL, I'll happily give you access to the stuff so it can be worked in immediately. The code isn't too difficult and I could step someone through what needs to be done. Otherwise, it'll just wait a couple weeks. Smile
Sad I know ver little SQL, but nothing about perl. I can just wait. I really need to learn some programming!
Thanks for looking in to this szsori. Looking forward to having my MythTV shows blended seamlessly in library mode with my tvrss shows! I've tried (without success) to write a scraper that renames the mythrename.pl renamed symlinks with season/episode format in the past. This will kick much ass.
Our EPG here in New Zealand isn't even likely to have the original air date in it Sad

Shows are also typically aired well after they've appeared in the US so the actual air date probably won't be much use either.

Not sure if there's any other information in the EPG feed that could remotely be used to identify the season and episode...

There's probably just enough information to get pushed into the TV Shows database without a scraper - but that request is covered off in another thread.
Hi

Trying to get some of my WWE shows to show up i library. They name their shows on date.

Ex:"WWE.Raw.22nd.Sep.2008.720p.AVC"

What can I do to get it to show in library?
XBMC Live 9.11
Intel core duo 2,E7400 2.80GHz
P5N7A-VM
1 GB DDR2 667MHz
Try naming it with season episode numbers (Season 12 Episode 24), this is how it is listed on tvdb.com, i think this should work.

Just name them all as listed on tvdb.com (assuming you use this as your scraper) and you should be good.

Shorty
I believe that neither TheTVDB.com nor XBMC supports searching/scanning by air-date, see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34688
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33948
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=12721

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing TV Shows named by the date they aired, scan & scrape by air-date ("bydate")1