Solved Shared MariaDB10 database is not shared...
In my house I have three RPI's-2 installed running OpenElec Kodi Leia V18.9. All three share the same MariaDB10 database on my NAS box. The database is called Kodi_Movies116. All three run smoothly and share the database as they should.
I also installed Kodi Leia V18.9 on my 64-bit PC and, of course, placed a file (advancedsettings.xml) in the directory C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata.
As soon as my PC-Kodi fires up I can see my NAS box being very active. Apparently, my PC-Kodi is having a busy conversation with my NAS box. Which is a good sign because my PC-Kodi knows that MariaDB10 on my NAS box is the target. Unfortunately, the PC Kodi creates its own database (named Kodi_Movies116116) instead of sharing the existing database Kodi_Movies116.

This is strange. The file advancedsettings.xml clearly shows the tag <name>Kodi_Movies116</name>. Is there anyone who knows how I can force my PC Kodi to talk to the defined database Kodi_Movies116 on the NAS box?

Here you can see the contents of my advancedsettings.xml on all my devices (RPI en PC).

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.110</host>
<name>Kodi_Movies116</name>
<port>3307</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>mijnwachtwoord</pass>
</videodatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advanceds
(2022-02-04, 12:41)absmienk Wrote: <name>Kodi_Movies116</name>

Do not use version numbers in your database naming, that's for Kodi to handle internally also in regards to updates, hence the Kodi_Movies116116 result. Stick to 'Kodi_Movies'.
Sorry Klojum, it took a while before I could test this.

As I said before my RPI created a MariaDB database on my NAS box. The database was automatically called Kodi_Movies116. After that I started Kodi on my PC which created the MariaDB database called Kodi_Movies116116.

I solved the problem with this:
  1. On MariaDB delete the databases Kodi_Movies116 and Kodi_Movies116116.
  2. On the PC and on the RPI open the file advancedsettings.xml with an editor and remove the line that begins with the tag <name>. That’s where the database name is supposed to be defined. Save advancedsettings.xml.
  3. Start up Kodi on the PC. It will create a database named MyVideos116. Populate it with the data of your movies and TV Shows.
  4. Now start up the RPI. It will talk to MyVideos116 … as it should.
Obviously the line with the tag <name> is totally ignored by Kodi. I can put anything I like in the <name> tag. Kodi doesn’t care.
(2022-02-15, 13:05)absmienk Wrote: Obviously the line with the tag <name> is totally ignored by Kodi. I can put anything I like in the <name> tag. Kodi doesn’t care.

It is not ignored, otherwise the database name Kodi_Movies116116 would not come up.
But it all seems to be working for you now, so that's good.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared MariaDB10 database is not shared...0