how to make lyrics work under linux
i noticed this skin makes the lyrics button point to Q: (which under linux is xbmc installation path, so, in PPA, /usr/share/xbmc) and it makes lyrics not work if MediaStream is installed under ~/.xbmc/skin

to make the button work i had to change the instances of Q:\skin\MediaStream\extras\Lyrics Plugin to U:\skin\MediaStream\extras\Lyrics Plugin (which under linux points to home folder)... would it be possible to change it in the original skin, as U: and Q: point to the same dir under win, as far as i can see, or make the lyrics folder a setting, as it is under PM3.HD?

thanks
just downloaded 0.94 and had to change letter again in Includes.xml... am i the only one having this problem? Smile
Does that mean that the lyrics button works for nobody under linux? I only just tried this feature today (with the newest PPA and .94) and it caused a system lockup, despite showing the lyrics window with song title and no lyrics (the song kept on playing tho).

Could anyone advise if this is a Mediastream, XBMC or other bug?
no, all could happen if you installed the skin under home instead of using it 'standalone' or putting the skin under /usr/share is that the lyrics don't start, as the program is trying to launch a python which is not there
your problem is somewhere else, try to look at the logs
again with 0.95... will lyrics path ever be a setting?

am i really the only one with this kind of problem? Smile
Yep, will make it a setting for the next release.

Sorry, had meant to do it for this release Confused
Thought about this a bit more and have decided to change the hard-coded path from Q: to U: as if I made it a setting then everyone would have to set a path before it would work (I can't think of a way of defaulting the setting, which would only run once, to be the correct path)

Hopefully it should now work for everyone
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Yep, will make it a setting for the next release.

Sorry, had meant to do it for this release Confused

Thanks!

Looking forward to next release.

Keep up the good job!

/O
yes, thanks again for the good skin... btw, i'm not so used to xml, but can't you use a fallback for the string? if i set something that's it, else take Q or U or whatever... this would help in using the current lyrics script from svn without having to copy it in 'extras' folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to make lyrics work under linux0