Thumbs and fanart not showing
Hoping I'm not missing something obvious but I read through as many threads as I could on Stark and couldn't find any mention of this...

I rebuilt the Movies library in Start and all the movies are showing properly but no thumb or fanart is showing. All of these movies were showing thumbs and fanart properly in aeon 14. I used MIP to try to update the files but no luck. I do have fanart selected to yes.

Am I doing something wrong? Was there a naming change for Stark I didn't read about?

Thanks.
TheTVDB.com was down. We're in the midst of moving the server, so it may be down for a short while within the next 24 hours as well. Just try again and it should work.
szsori Wrote:TheTVDB.com was down. We're in the midst of moving the server, so it may be down for a short while within the next 24 hours as well. Just try again and it should work.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure that is the problem. For starters, it's happening for my movie rips, not TV (didn't even try that yet).

Secondly, I have all local copies of .tbn files and fanart.jpg in each movie file. Shouldn't XBMC be using that instead of scraping anything?

FYI - Obviously I'm using Stark but I'm also using the latest XBMC build referenced on aeonproject.com. The file is: XBMCSetup-Rev19052.exe.
Have you set the scraper to 'Use folder names for lookup'?

Are they labeled movie.tbn, fanart.jpg?

EDIT: Try using the latest one posted in this thread -

[WINDOWS] Third-party SVN builds for the community (unofficial and unsupported)
Hitcher Wrote:Have you set the scraper to 'Use folder names for lookup'?

Are they labeled movie.tbn, fanart.jpg?

EDIT: Try using the latest one posted in this thread -

[WINDOWS] Third-party SVN builds for the community (unofficial and unsupported)

Hi Hitcher,

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately, no luck.

I downloaded and installed ikons build 19128 (the most recent in that thread).

I double checked my settings as you mentioned. I have "use folder name for lookup" checked.

Here's an example of one of my folders that I believe should work:

Anchorman (2004)
Anchorman (2004).avi
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg

Showing nothing but the default aeon icon in library view (like all my other movies).

When I select it and go to thumb, nothing shows in there under remote or local thumb. It says 0.0kb.

This is driving me nuts - I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. Anything else I can try?

I'm on XP SP3 btw...
Sounds an awful lot like the symptoms of missing required dll files. Isn't it jester's builds that have those rather than ikons'?

Try installing this:

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/XBMCSetup-Rev18627-jester.exe

Then, without uninstalling anything, install one of the more recent builds from elsewhere over the top.
djh,

I just tried your suggestion and it worked great. Thank you so much!
Thanks, djh! I was having the exact same problem just now after doing a fresh install of windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbs and fanart not showing0