[LIVE] need help changing boot procedure - want to load XBMC in fluxbox
Exclamation 
So i've been messing with this all morning, and I'm just not getting it. New to Ubuntu.

I'm currently running a minimal Ubuntu install with XBMCLive. I installed fluxbox, and can run it from the commandline via 'startx'

What I want to happen at boot is this:
1) load fluxbox
2) run command 'nvidia-settings -l'
3) load xbmc fullscreen in fluxbox

my reason for this is I need to run nvidia-settings first to compensate for overscan for when I load firefox via the launcher plugin.

I know I need to change my boot procedure, but I have no idea how to do this correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
checkout the fluxbox wiki: http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=...artup_file
einhänder Wrote:checkout the fluxbox wiki: http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=...artup_file

Thanks for the link.

I was able to get fluxbox to run 'nvidia-settings -l' when it runs and will be able to load xbmc automatically, but I still need assistance in getting the PC to load fluxbox at boot vs. XBMC. Any suggestions?
you mean how to autologin your user and to autostart X without typing startx?
einhänder Wrote:you mean how to autologin your user and to autostart X without typing startx?

Yes, exactly. Very much a linux noob, so I apologize if this is a dumb quesiton.
np. but i'd recommend to search and to read guides for beginners if you want to have fun with linux in a long time period. Wink

hm xbmc live. used it once moths ago. but as far as i can remember isn't there something in place that should care about autologin/autostart already?

@LiVe guys?

edit: if it helps i could post my configuration. but you would have to keep in mind the conf was done on a gentoo system. things work slightly different on ubuntu.
I installed rcconf and disabled xbmc-live from the startup services, yet oddly enough it's still running at boot. It has to be somewhere in here Huh
nevermind, i got it figured out. Had to edit the runXBMC script, and it's probably a hack, but it work, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] need help changing boot procedure - want to load XBMC in fluxbox0