Custom Playlist with Movie Art
I downloaded XBMC today in a continuing effort to find a program that will play custom playlist movies with a graphical interface. So far, XBMC seems to be the best choice!

I have successfully created a playlist, and it works as expected.

I do not know where to go from here, as this what I want to accomplish:

Play custom intro to my theater
play dolby digital surround sound trailer
play movie trailer 1
play movie trailer 2
play instructional video on theater usage (turn off cell phone, etc)
play movie (for example, Salt)

So, I can get the playlist to do all of that perfectly; however, I do not know how to get the cover art for the movie Salt from my playlist.

I will have every single movie in my collection with this same setup (the trailers will vary, as will the custom intros). I do realize I will have to setup a playlist for everything, and I will do this.

But, I really, really want the graphical interface to have the ability to scan through the movies exactly like you can when you select movies on teh home page, but I want it to play my playlist I just created.

Now, I haven't really researched this much, so it may be obvious, but with this program being so powerful, i don't know where / how to search for it.

Any ideas?
dzirkelb Wrote:I downloaded XBMC today in a continuing effort to find a program that will play custom playlist movies with a graphical interface. So far, XBMC seems to be the best choice!

I have successfully created a playlist, and it works as expected.

I do not know where to go from here, as this what I want to accomplish:

Play custom intro to my theater
play dolby digital surround sound trailer
play movie trailer 1
play movie trailer 2
play instructional video on theater usage (turn off cell phone, etc)
play movie (for example, Salt)

So, I can get the playlist to do all of that perfectly; however, I do not know how to get the cover art for the movie Salt from my playlist.

I will have every single movie in my collection with this same setup (the trailers will vary, as will the custom intros). I do realize I will have to setup a playlist for everything, and I will do this.

But, I really, really want the graphical interface to have the ability to scan through the movies exactly like you can when you select movies on teh home page, but I want it to play my playlist I just created.

Now, I haven't really researched this much, so it may be obvious, but with this program being so powerful, i don't know where / how to search for it.

Any ideas?

Check out Cinema Experience....install it, and then for each movie on the Movie Information page you get when you right-click on the movie, there will be a button called Cinema Experience. Click it, and boom....whatever you've set up in its configuration will run.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563

Hope that help.....
This is exactly what I am looking for!

However, due to my noobness to this program, i am having issues getting it installed. Here is exactly what I have done to this point:

Installed latest version of XBMC
Installed and enabled the Night Skin
Downloaded the zip file from teh wiki page for cinema experience
In XBMC, installed the zip file I downloaed
I copied the zip file to the folder in XBMC under the add ons folder
I added a source under videos that has a bunch of movies in it, they appear up like they should

This is where I'm stuck. I do not see the cinema experience anywhere under program add ons like the wiki suggests, all i see is RSS Editor.
I was able to get it installed. I'll post on the thread specifically made for that add on from now on, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Playlist with Movie Art0