AppleTV (ATV2) TV Shows
Great Theme, and its working fantastic on my ATV2 but there is one small thing that is bugging me and I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to sort.

On the main screen it says TV shows, and I was wondering what I would need to do to make it read TV Shows? Basically having a capital "S". If someone could tell me what I need to edit that really would be appreciated.

Thanks
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
I've searched through a lot of files now but can't see how to do this at all... someone must have an idea?
Devices using XBMC
DazNoonan Wrote:I've searched through a lot of files now but can't see how to do this at all... someone must have an idea?

That lowercase 's' is really bugging you isn't it!

The label is a localised tag and it is coded into a lot of places in the skin, wherever the string 'TV shows' appears in fact. The skin gets the label from the language xml in the xbmc program folder. In windows the path is:

c:\Program Files\XBMC\language\English\strings.xml

On my version its line 1819, but you should be able to search for TV shows and find it. The good thing is that once you've changed the s to S you will get the capital S everywhere in the skin.

MacOS and linux I have no idea where it is!
Crookas Wrote:That lowercase 's' is really bugging you isn't it!

The label is a localised tag and it is coded into a lot of places in the skin, wherever the string 'TV shows' appears in fact. The skin gets the label from the language xml in the xbmc program folder. In windows the path is:

c:\Program Files\XBMC\language\English\strings.xml

On my version its line 1819, but you should be able to search for TV shows and find it. The good thing is that once you've changed the s to S you will get the capital S everywhere in the skin.

MacOS and linux I have no idea where it is!
Fantastic... Thanks for the info, and yes it was bugging me I did say I was being picky though Sad Didn't realise it was an XBMC settings and not skin specific so no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere.

For those interested below is for Mac & ATV:
Mac: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/language/English/strings.xml
ATV2: /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/language/English/strings.xml

Thanks again Crookas really did appreciate the information.
Devices using XBMC
Just found this post now.
The lower case in s in 'shows' annoys me too, your not alone! Big Grin

Just be sure when it changes every 's' in the skin does mean just when the word TV Shows is displayed?
It won't display Batman BeginS ? Huh
T800 Wrote:Just found this post now.
The lower case in s in 'shows' annoys me too, your not alone! Big Grin

Just be sure when it changes every 's' in the skin does mean just when the word TV Shows is displayed?
It won't display Batman BeginS ? Huh

You'll be able to change TV shows in TV Shows only in HOME MENU. Will not affect any other Upper/Lowercase.
Thanks
Thumbs Up 
Thanks everyone! for sharing great things about apple TV shows. the information you guys mentioned was really beneficial for me. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV (ATV2) TV Shows0