Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie looking for some help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Be sure to set it from the retail Apple menu as well. Outside of XBMC.

From the normal Apple menu, go to Settings\General\Time Zone.
Select correct time zone.
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Life got in the way for a bit.

I could have swore I set the time zone correctly in the Apple settings. Now that I've done that all is well. What confused me was the fact the Apple time was showing the correct time despite it being wrong.

I see there is an ATV iOS update, albeit a small one. Is the update needed? If I do will I need to re-jailbreak and reinstall xbmc?
Considering that this thread has already went 8 pages, I'd recommend not installing any updates for the time being....
(2012-06-07, 17:11)crawl Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that this thread has already went 8 pages, I'd recommend not installing any updates for the time being....

But if I did install the apple update would I need to re jailbreak and reinstall XBMC?

I was also wondering if the apple update was important?
Yes, you would need to rejailbreak and reinstall. You would essentially be starting from scratch.

The only differences would only be in the Apple menu. Read some of the other threads to see the differences in the retail Apple menu between the version you're running and the new version.

The update was important to Apple. Not necessarily to the users.
Hi,

I've had a brief look but I can't find any threads regarding this. I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks. Smile
Oh good grief. They're on the first page...

I feel like we've gotten to know each other over the last 9 pages and all. You'd prefer an explanation over links anyway right? Let's just talk this one out....

My advice would be to stay at your current firmware. Most of the reports from those who've upgraded indicate that the new firmware uses more resources, therefore there's less resources available for XBMC. And the additions you'd get aren't worth the slightly lesser performance. The upgrading process hasn't gone smoothly for some people. Some have updated and had issues with reinstalling XBMC. All those issues have been eventually worked out. But for simplicity's sake, stay at your current firmware. We've gotten this far, let's not throw our success to the wind and start over eh?

Stay Happy, friend.....
(2012-06-07, 23:06)crawl Wrote: [ -> ]Oh good grief. They're on the first page...

I feel like we've gotten to know each other over the last 9 pages and all. You'd prefer an explanation over links anyway right? Let's just talk this one out....

My advice would be to stay at your current firmware. Most of the reports from those who've upgraded indicate that the new firmware uses more resources, therefore there's less resources available for XBMC. And the additions you'd get aren't worth the slightly lesser performance. The upgrading process hasn't gone smoothly for some people. Some have updated and had issues with reinstalling XBMC. All those issues have been eventually worked out. But for simplicity's sake, stay at your current firmware. We've gotten this far, let's not throw our success to the wind and start over eh?

Stay Happy, friend.....

A link would have been fine.Wink I did look, maybe I was just looking in the wrong place.

I was wondering what the "additions" are? but the support page for the ATV on the Apple website only states that the update is for something to do with parental controls in Australia. Confused
(2012-06-08, 00:14)deanmv Wrote: [ -> ]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4448?viewl...cale=en_US

Yep, like I said, just an update for 'Parental Controls'. But I've heard people talking about additional features which is what confused me. lol
Just tried reinstalling nitoTV, checked for updates and it's still crashes when I try to enter the weather option. :/
A couple of questions....

XBMC has grouped all my James Bond movies in to a collection, well, all except two. Any ideas as to why?

I want to buy another Time Capsule for use at mums house so all I have to take with me when I go there is the ATV. As long as I set the second TC up the same as the one I'm using now (same file structure, passwords, folder names etc) will the ATV find them ok or will I need to re add the sources. If it finds them ok then fine, but if I need to re add the sources will I end up with two of every movie and TV episode that I have listed on the screen. Sorry, I can't think of a better way to describe this.

Ideally I'd like to purchase a second ATV 2 but people want silly money for them and any that do appear for sale second hand get snapped up quickly by Jailbreakers looking to make a quick profit on them. Sad I don't suppose anyone has managed to jailbreak the ATV 3 yet?
Anyone?
yes it will find them ok imo
no nobody has jailbroken atv3 and its unlikly that it even will happen because no jailbreaker is working on it.
(2012-07-30, 21:57)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]yes it will find them ok imo
no nobody has jailbroken atv3 and its unlikly that it even will happen because no jailbreaker is working on it.

Thanks, any idea why it hasn't put two of my James Bond films in the collection along with all the others?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8